Empyrean Benefit Solutions - Valued and Empowered | Glassdoor

"Valued and Empowered"

Current Employee - Senior Sales in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is one in which employees input is respected. Autonomy is the norm and there is total access to the executive team which works collaboratively toward a successful, winning environment. As a newcomber, I feel fortunate that inclusion and consistent confidence building is a priority for our management team, mine in particular.

Cons

If you can handle the challenging pace, you will enjoy your career here.

Advice to Management

Maintain the events which foster employee input and boost morale such as the Town Meetings, charity oriented events, holiday meals, tournaments and other appreciation events.

Empyrean Benefit Solutions Response

Apr 14, 2014 – Manager, Corporate Functions

Thank you for adding your opinions and experiences to our Glassdoor site. Empyrean is a dynamic, high-energy company where every employee is empowered to make a difference.

Other Employee Reviews for Empyrean Benefit Solutions

"Exciting Company and Industry with great people"

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Empyrean after working for larger organizations in a similar capacity. What drew me to Empyrean was its status as a newer player in the marketplace, but with a commitment to technology and evolving with the changing needs of clients. Empyrean has offered me the chance to be a part of this evolution, fostering an environment where any employee can speak up and be a catalyst for change and improvement. Larger organizations can get bogged down by structure and red tape, but Empyrean encourages outside the box thinking and process improvement. Does Empyrean expect you to work hard? Yes. Can the hours be long, especially during Open Enrollment? Yes. However, that is the same industry-wide and I have found that hard work is rewarded here. Enjoying the people you work with goes a long way during those peak times, and the people who work here are really extraordinary. Management is accessible and actually listens to feedback. Each manager I have had has helped guide my career path. There are bumps along the road, no doubt, but I am excited to be a part of this company and where it is headed.

Cons

Peak times can mean long hours (but same across the industry)

Advice to Management

Continue to foster an environment where all associates can speak up, collaborate and contribute. The culture at Empyrean is one of its best qualities, so I hope management continues with the vision they've had to date as Empyrean grows.

Empyrean Benefit Solutions Response

Apr 14, 2014 – Manager, Corporate Functions

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspectives and experiences as a member of the Empyrean team.

"A good start but don't stay long"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-A good place to get started.
    -Offer a lot of PTO time.
    -Some good managers.
    -Lenient dress code

Cons

-Do not pay for accrued PTO when you leave
    -Disconnect between managers and analysts on how a client is actually run
    -Low pay and mediocre benefits
    -BAs and CSRs are over-worked
    -The only people who seem to be promoted are either senior management or analysts that put in 80+ hours a week
    -Very high turnaround of employees

Advice to Management

-Heed these reviews as they are not the "vocal minority". There is a reason that high turnaround is an issue with the company; employees feel they are not heard.
    -The execs need to go straight to the BAs/CSRs and not through the CSMs for feedback. The CSM may be able to tell the client or senior management what they want to hear but the BAs/CSRs are the ones who actually know the situation and are the only ones who can give an honest answer about what is going on with a client.
    -Do not skip over a hiring period due to concerns over employees "slacking off" if website blocking does not go up to prevent such actions in the first place.