Empyrean Benefit Solutions - Collaborative, Client-focused, & Solution-driven | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Empyrean Benefit Solutions

"Collaborative, Client-focused, & Solution-driven"

Current Employee - Product Development in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Product Development in Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative: service and technology solutions grow from input provided by employees across the organizational structure--if your job supports the business service, you have a voice in how that service is created and enhanced.
Client-focused: our clients are also partners in the collaborative process. No legacy concept is sacred...All ideas are welcome and evaluated.
Solution-driven: meeting the unique needs for our clients is our primary objective. Our system offers unparalleled flexibility that allows Empyrean to tailor solutions to the specific needs of our clients and their plan design

Cons

Realist expectations: Matching our solution-driven, client-focused orientation with appropriate time lines is a challenge. Flexible, unique, client-specific solutions require time to define, configure, test, and release for production. Significant improvements in the implementation process during 2012-2013 has significantly improved results and client satisfaction. Developing buy-in and enforcing discipline throughout the organization will be needed to maintain the momentum and permeate the culture. Early involvement by the clients will help gain their enthusiastic partnership.

Advice to Management

High-touch: Maintain the open-door policy that allows access by every employee to senior management. It has been a fundamental component of our historical success.
Visibility: Continued participation in work groups, training, orientation meetings will reinforce multi-discipline, cross-functional collaboration and build synergy throughout the organization.
Relationships: our clients love the personal connection they have with senior management.

Empyrean Benefit Solutions Response

Jul 29, 2014 – Manager, Corporate Functions

Thank you for posting your in-depth review. Many of your ‘pros’ reflect the values of Empyrean: Service Excellence; Innovation; Collaboration; Empowerment and Stewardship. As you mention, we are a ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Empyrean Benefit Solutions

"Stupid and Lazy People need not apply"

Current Employee - You Know Who I Am in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - You Know Who I Am in Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Small company growing fast, lots of work with chance to automate anything you wish. The current system is so flexible it could do anything, there's only one weakness, stupid people, you can work hard or work smart at Empyrean, working hard is not as respected as working smart (as it should be), so just cause you put in 80 hours a week doesn't mean you're going to get promoted, automate a process and save 200 man hours a month, that'll get you promoted. LOTS of work... but to me that's a good thing, constantly learning, innovating, thinking of new ways to do things, and never bored.

Cons

complaining people who say they don't pay enough and they're over worked (talking to you writing bad reviews on here). Seriously, shut up, if you don't like Empyrean leave, you're responsible for how much you make not Empyrean. no vacation sell.

Advice to Management

Need more company functions that everyone can attend, sorry but i'm not driving 2 hours there and back to go to a 4 hour picnic. VACATION SELL!!!! please!!! i love working here, but feel like i'm getting cheated cause i don't really like to take vacation but feel like a need to because if not i'm going to loose those hours.

"Great if you're entry level but a waste if you're not"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-4 weeks of PTO
    -Casual dress
    -Lots of flexibility if you are on the right team
    -If you are entry level then you will gain a lot of experience very quickly
    -Coworkers are easy to get along with and some of the teams have a great dynamic

Cons

The pay for the amount of work we do is terrible. Empyrean is a growing company and because of this they are very disorganized. If you are trying to advance in your career here, you will be disappointed. While some people do get promoted, most non-entry level positions are filled from outside hires. The turnover rate at this company is huge and I feel that this speaks volumes to the satisfaction of the employees.

Empyrean Benefit Solutions Response

Apr 30, 2014 – HR

Turnover at Empyrean is less than 5%, including our call center. This amount of turnover is extremely low for any industry, but especially ours. We attempt to create a casual, very flexible work ... More