Empyrean Benefit Solutions - Customer Care | Glassdoor

"Customer Care"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Empyrean is a great place to gain exposure to the employee benefits world. If you are a person that will ask questions and seek out additional explanations to problems yu will learn quite a bit. The employees with the most benefit experience are loyal to the company, although not reciprocated.

Cons

Empyrean is a small company, still having some growing pains. Most of their customer service employess originate from the competition, Mercer HR Services, and come with quite a bit of experience,which is one of the cons; these employees desire growth, however, the company does not promote much from within. Empyrean has overlooked knoweledgeable employees for promotions and hired friends or associates of current employees instead. This is definitely a moral killer.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities for growth. Certain employees should be able to take advantage of continued education classes or some type of licensing(Life) to help support their career. Long term employees should be encouraged to further their career. The more seasoned employees can be most beneficial to those newer employees with the same loyalty for their company and the customers they support.

Other Employee Reviews for Empyrean Benefit Solutions

"It's what you make of it!"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been at the company for a little over two years now in the Business Systems Analyst role. Ultimately my experience has been an awesome one. I can't think of a company where you can gain as much experience as you can at Empyrean. You're given big time responsibility by your managers, which provides you with a sense of empowerment and as a result helps you grow professionally. The culture is also super flexible; I can work remotely whenever I have the need to, and I can come in and leave work when I want to as long as I get my job done. There aren't many places like that out there. I've seen several negative posts on here and I get what some of them are saying - the work life balance can sometimes veer off the deep end. But here's the thing. There is a peak busy season which will require you to work long hours. But then, for the remainder of the year (especially if you rock it during the busy season) things are extra chill. It's like, for a few months work life is like Finals week in college, but then the rest of the year its syllabus week! If that makes sense.

All in all, I love working here because it's helped me see my potential as a professional. I think that if you put the work in, and ALWAYS stay in communication with your people manager about your concerns, then they will do their best to keep you on the right track. They are there to help you as long as you help them. I've noticed many times at work that when there is an analyst complaining about their job, they will vent it explicitly to their peers, but won't say a peep to their people manager. How are they supposed to help you out with your situation if you aren't being transparent with them? I've always believed in the notion that the squeaky wheel gets cleaned.

Cons

Work Life balance can for sure get crazy sometimes. That and the work is a bit "Baptism By Fire" in the sense that you are given big time responsibility early on in the job.

Advice to Management

Promote from within as much as possible! Some of my favorite people at the company are those that have been there the longest or have grown into higher positions.

2. "Client Service Rep"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Empyrean Benefit Solutions as a contractor

Pros

I love the schedule. No weekends. No holidays. Cafe onsite

Cons

They are new so things are still getting in order

Advice to Management

Need more departments and take a lot of responsibility off of Tier 2 reps and also more onsite upper management not all the way in Houston