Emulex - A public company with a great entrepreneurial spirit | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Emulex

"A public company with a great entrepreneurial spirit"

Former Contractor - Firmware Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
Former Contractor - Firmware Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Emulex as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great engineers, interesting projects, very interesting space with lots of competition. Great learning environment, and good combination of real time device engineering and optimization of end user application performance.

Cons

Very large workload. Much of the time we seemed overworked and understaffed. Many engineers had to cover multiple bases, in addition to covering their own project.

Advice to Management

More communications with the troops, better staffing for given workload.

Other Employee Reviews for Emulex

1. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Emulex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly people, easy on workload

Cons

Minimum Salary, Bad management, Horrible stock options

Advice to Management

Stop changing management every quarter

2. "Current Employee (Inside Sales, Distribution Sales, Channel Sales)"

Current Employee - Distribution Channel Account Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Distribution Channel Account Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Emulex full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked in Inside Sales, was promoted to manage Distribution Sales and have been given the opportunity to develop my Sales Skills by venturing out into the field to manage key partners in Southern Cal. I am based out of the HQ is Costa Mesa. This is the best place to work in Orange County. If you are committed to your work and give your very best, you can prosper within Emulex. There is absolutely opportunity for upward growth if you work hard and produce results. Getting hired at Emulex was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I have amazing rapport with my managers and I have direct access to our VP's, including our WW VP who sits down with me every 6 months so that he can understand what's going on in my world. The President of the company is easy to talk to and takes a genuine interest in the employees at this company. I highly recommend Emulex Corporation.

Cons

What cons? I can't think of a single con. I once wanted a raise, so I went to my manager and let him know that I wanted XYZ, so we created a plan that focused on results, I exceeded that plan, presented my case, and management listened and rewarded that behavior So I can't even complain about the money. What's not to like about Emulex?

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your doors open so that employees can walk in with questions and concerns. The WW Sales VP has opened his door to me so that I can touch base a few times a year on where I am at. For employees that want to grow their careers and someday be a VP, this time is invaluable. I would encourage all Emulex VPs to schedule a mid-year and end of year 30 min meeting with employees in the lower ranks. Access to upper management can be a huge motivating factor to stay with the company.