Enbridge - Reasonable pay but require patience and the ability to tolerate ambiguity. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Enbridge

"Reasonable pay but require patience and the ability to tolerate ambiguity."

Current Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

The company tends to be fairly competitive in pay and benefit. Very flexible work hours. My direct manager is actually at another location while my manager's boss resides in the same location as I am. However, my manager's boss travel lots. As a result, I pretty much work by myself and have lots of freedom.

The company also tries its best to provide training to employees and HR supports for career development. Nonetheless, an employee himself remains the main driver for his career development.

Cons

Its onboard process can use some improvement. New employees are left to their own to find out what they should do, how they should do their job, and who should they talk to; with little direction from managers. Many managers seem to be too busy to answer questions and listen to concern, some even seem to avoiding their direct reports, but some will do their best to chat with employees if requested.

Job performance review happen mostly once a year and employee tend to receive little feedback in between. When I request for more feedback, my manager told me that he tends to deal with matters as they happens and if he has any concern about my performance, he will for sure let me know.

The company as a whole is very decentralized and have many regional offices. As a result, learning the org chat and getting connected with the people one needs to work with tend to be a challenge. A good portion of the employees are not good at returning e-mails or phone on a prompt manner.

Advice to Management

The middle managers (and perhaps the senior managers as well) need to learn how to delegate work effectively and work smarter. While most managers complains that they have too much going on, I observe that many seem to be unorganized in their work. People tend to just jump from one task to another without taking the time to sit back, look at the big picture, and direct a path for the team. Meeting tend to be run longer than necessary as well. More leadership from the management would be nice.

I believe the senior management should also implement 360 reviews, since some managers (or directors) seem to be good at managing up, but fail to pay attention to the front line employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Enbridge

1. "Project Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Project Engineering Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - Project Engineering Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Enbridge as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

I interned with Enbridge for a year from 2015 to 2016 and I can honestly say that they are a great company to work for in terms of career opportunities and interesting projects.

Cons

Due to the current oil prices, Enbridge is greatly affected by the market.

2. "Work You to Death ... Constant Change... Bad morale"

Former Employee - Senior Operations Associate in Pampa, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Associate in Pampa, TX

I worked at Enbridge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, Yearly Golf Tournament, Company Truck

Cons

Payless Travel of 1.5hrs or more each way... constant political battles and drama. Most Employees are dangerous in matters of understanding their own job.

Advice to Management

Hire for ethic not by golf handicap