Encompass Home Health - Best Company I've ever worked for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Encompass Home Health

"Best Company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

I've seen the company grow at an incredible pace for almost a decade now, and yet there is still a feeling of a small company present in the company's culture and mix. The Executive leadership is truly fantastic, with great vision, business acumen, and exceptional integrity. And I have a great rapport with my immediate supervisor. Our mission is about taking great care of our employees, so they in turn, can provide the best possible health care to our patients. It's great to work for a company that emphasizes ethics and professionalism in the workplace. The company has proven to be financially strong during my time with the company, even while in an industry that is challenged by Medicare cuts and strict regulations. Another thing that is great is our nurses, therapists, and aides are among the most talented people I've ever worked with. My experience has been that I have always been treated with fairness and professional respect. The company has provided great tools to help me do my job well and to know what is expected of me. As I said, the people I work with are the best people I've ever worked with.

Cons

I don't consider it a downside, but Encompass is a company that expects its employees to perform at a high level and on a consistent basis. That doesn't bother me however, because I think it helps all of us stay on top of our professional skills and abilities, and helps the company stay profitable and helps fuel our growth.

Advice to Management

I hope Management will continue to make yourselves avialable to us as employees, and continue to solicit our feedback and input on matters impacting employees and company culture.

Other Employee Reviews for Encompass Home Health

1. "Fulfills by passion as a nurse."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Muskogee, OK
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Muskogee, OK

Pros

I have been a registered nurse for 30 years and have worked many aspects of nursing including er, icu, L & D, nursery and have also worked at other home health agencies before coming to Encompass Home Health. I have a strong passion for helping others and giving quality care to client's and encompass fits this passion. I found a home and plan to retire with Encompass some day. How can you work for the best and go anywhere else? Encompass follows the rules for home health services and expects out client's to receive good care and expects our nurses to administer good patient care. Home health is not for everyone. You have to be flexable and have exceptional skills and the ability to perform independent in the community under the physician supervision. Encompass fills my heart with the way we make a better way to care. We have a great team at encompass and feel like a family environment. Encompass is not for everyone. We want the best, exceptional, qualified employees. Thank God for Encompass. It is the best place to Work.

Cons

I guess it would be that i have to work at all. If I were independently wealthy I would go on mission trips for encompass and help the 3rd word countries receive medication that is so needed.

Advice to Management

Thank you Encompass for letting me be apart of your family.

2. "Great company offering stability and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Company has tripled in size in the 5 years that I've been employed. There are many opportunities for advancement, and bonus / salary compensation is above the average in the home health industry. Benefits are great - including 4 weeks of PDO a year, health insurance at a great rate and 401k with matching. I've worked for small "mom and pop" home health companies and I've worked for large corporations, and this company seems to be the best of both. The executive team still has a lot of "hands on" access, and employees have direct access of communication when they want.

Cons

Expectations are high at Encompass. They expect higher monthly numbers out of their sales reps than the average competitor, but their compensation and bonus plan is also much better. Office staff is expected to carry bigger caseloads than at most companies, but again, there's a bonus package for those positions as well. Clinical field staff also have higher productivity packages, but again - there's a productivity bonus plan for those positions as well.

Advice to Management

Corporate management team does a great job of defining goals for the year, developing specialty programs, and encouraging retention and focusing on employee satisfaction. Local management at some of the branches don't always seem to follow the same focus on employee retention and implementing corporate philosophies.