Energizer Holdings - The more things change the more they stay same | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Energizer Holdings

"The more things change the more they stay same"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Was part of the team where average tenure length was 15 years. Members were ossified their job functions. Stability

Cons

No body got promoted in five years that I was there. I was last to be hired and first to leave after five years. Others had been there for at least 10 years. They did the same job year after year. I did see other people get promoted in other teams. But that did not happen in my team. There was no work life balance. The things were so bad that boss use to come four PM on Friday evenings to tell us that we had to work that weekend. He did not blink an eye telling us about it either. For Chirstmas used to take the team to Taco Bell for lunch...

Advice to Management

supply chain side of the business is as dead as could be

Other Employee Reviews for Energizer Holdings

"Average"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Pros

Good and consistent Bonus Payout
    They reorg a lot so there are promotions if you work extremely hard and if they happen to like you.
    Can move around in the company.

Cons

Very lean, a 40 hour week is not an option in most departments. Everything is done on a shoestring. It's smart business but makes it very stressful to work there.
    Expectations are much higher than at other companies, but the money is not.
    Really just not all that fun of a place to be.
    Upper management is very unorganized and and constantly changing their minds.

Advice to Management

I

"Great Place to work!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Great work life balance and collaborative work environment. Generally promotes from within - somewhat limited opportunities within the HR community except if willing to relocate to move into other divisions. Pay is great. Good benefit package.

Cons

Still have issues with race relations - some members of HR need to open their eyes and walk into the 2000's. Not every one wants to live in west county. Can be overly collaborative and less likely to deal with issues in a straight forward manner. Somewhat of a guy's club.

Advice to Management

Find people who really believe in diversity - and not just diversity of thought - but diversity of people. HR should have higher standards than the rest of the organization.