Energy One (Texas) - The title of "marketing coordinator" was very deceptive as I was doing nothing more than door to door sales. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Energy One (Texas)

"The title of "marketing coordinator" was very deceptive as I was doing nothing more than door to door sales."

Former Intern - Marketing Coordinator in Columbus, OH
Former Intern - Marketing Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at Energy One (Texas) as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good compensation, laid back working environment, worked mostly with other college students

Cons

commission based pay, lack of management, taxing and discouraging work

Other Employee Reviews for Energy One (Texas)

1. "Persistence is rewarded"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One (Texas) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is one of the best in which I've ever had the pleasure of working. The camaraderie that comes from working in the field is secind to none, and it's hard to picture better managerial staff or coworkers. Working at E1 is in part driven by the employee's adaptability and gregariousness but most importantly by the employee's refusal to be beaten in the face of adversity. If one goes into the position with the expectation to work hard and repeat habitually successful actions, they will be rewarded.

Cons

The work, admittedly, is difficult at times. There are moments wherein one finds it difficult to maintain a professional work ethic or demeanor. And one must also be prepared for certain pressures from management or policy metrics that for the wrong person may result in a decreased proficiency.

Advice to Management

Continue being upbeat and fostering the sense of community that kept me at EnergyOne for as long as I was. I have nothing further to add and I am very proud to have worked for this company.

2. "Marketing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Energy One (Texas) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I took this job as a temporary part time gig to have more time to work on my own business and it was a great experience. I wish I had discovered it earlier in my career when I was focused on sales/marketing etc. The management, environment, training and job itself will help you immensely in your career here, in future jobs and in life in general. Highly recommend it for anyone who is starting out or interested in sales and/or marketing. After previous sales jobs through the years I figured this was scam and there would be a catch to get the advertised hourly rate but was pleasantly surprised by their honesty.

Cons

I looked at some other reviews and yes you will be asked to drive, memorize a script, and give the owners a return on their investment of $20/hour to you. Put on your big boy pants, this is a real job haha.

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin it real