Engage121 - Glad not to be there. | Glassdoor

"Glad not to be there."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Pros

A decent training ground to see if you like working in the social media space.

Cons

The managment is bad on all levels.

Advice to Management

Need to improve overall morale.

Other Employee Reviews for Engage121

1. "Perfect for someone that doesn't settle a 9-5 kind of job and wants to succeed and be challenged to be better everyday"

Current Employee - Social Media Account Executive in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Social Media Account Executive in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Engage121 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthy Mondays, Junk Food Wednesday, and Breakfast Fridays are truly the best!

Lucy, the office dog is such a stress reliever and an absolute delight to see at work everyday.

Working with this small but dedicated team has truly been a wonderful experience. If you are looking for a position that you can leave as soon as it hits 5:30pm, you probably won't be so happy here. Since I have been with the firm, I have seen everyone stay after to finish doing their work. There has to be passion behind everything you do for this firm and it honestly does pay off.

Overall, the people are wonderful, everyone works hard, and we have fun in the process. I highly recommend this place if you are looking to work hard, learn a lot, and also want to be surrounded by a supportive group of staff.

Cons

Can be stressful like any other sales position due to quotas and wanting to do your best but there is great patience and encouragement from the VP of Sales.

It's a social media marketing firm so some of the changes when it comes to social media are out of our control but I find the client services team tends to be very attentive when it comes to handling the changes.

"I've been here a long time..."

Current Employee - Client Services
    Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at Engage121 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've seen people come and go, and a core group of very smart people are leading the way. No boredom - dynamic, interesting work. It is a place for grownups - independent workers who want to take control. Management style has change significantly since I started here, and the size and style of the company encourages employees who want responsibility, and have the desire to make their position more effective. You have the opportunity, everyday, to actively shape the product and processes.

Cons

It is not a place where you will be comfortable if you have 'work a day' habits. It is a small company, so flexibility is needed.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging everyone to take on more responsibility. Positive reinforcement goes a long way.