England Logistics - Good company but discriminates based on educational credentials | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for England Logistics

"Good company but discriminates based on educational credentials"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay decently and are always doing company activities to help boost company moral. They are good to deal with to create a balanced home and work life. The work schedule is really nice and good for a family. Benefits are a bit pricey but good. It is overall a comfortable place to work at and has the capability of being a really good employer with some adjustments.

Cons

They have moved away from their roots of hard work pays off. They will promote and hire anyone who has a degree whether the are qualified for the position. Given the choice of a experienced well qualified applicant or current employee versus a new college graduate with no experience they will choose the person with the piece of paper. Again there is no room to advance if you don't have a degree even if you are a hard worker. It is a popularity contest the same people are always getting recognized. Last they are all about their account managers and senior account managers but fail to recognize others that help support the company and enable the ability for those individuals to succeed.

Advice to Management

Consider a degree or equivalent experience especially in the sales positions, you are really missing out on valuable assets within your own company. Also this way of doing business is destroying moral. Also focus on the company as a whole rather than account managers versus everyone else. It is growing pains for sure but these adjustments would help with moral and decrease turnover.

Other Employee Reviews for England Logistics

"Probably the WORST company I've ever worked for."

Former Employee - FTL Brokerage in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - FTL Brokerage in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at England Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A decent base pay but the commission is not there. Lot's of friendly people who work there but it can be hard to really get to know anyone because you are so tied to your phone. The company itself hits record numbers, but doesn't reward the employees who helped get them there.

Cons

Strict ramp goals. Much favoritism in promotions. Terribly expensive insurance. Long hours including weekends with no overtime pay.

Advice to Management

Reward employees when they hit record breaking numbers with more perks than just dress down and bagels. Getting to wear jeans one week after helping earn the company millions doesn't quite cut it. I've seen many many talented people come and go because they don't feel they have been compensated fairly for their hard work.

"Positive Experience"

I worked at England Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience at England Logistics. My interactions with my managers and with my co-workers were positive, and I was grateful to have a job that provided me good benefits and pay. There are tremendous opportunities for people who are willing to apply themselves. I have never worked with such an amazing group of people before.

Cons

I have read some negative comments here. I don't agree with them. Some people say they had a bad experience, but I didn't. I absolutely worked hard at England, but I always expect to work hard. I don't mind putting in extra hours when needed, and don't consider that to be a negative.

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting top talent and trust them to help take the company to the next level. Continue doing the fun things, like summer games, and dodgeball tournament, etc. Those activities allow people on the team to get to know each other away from the daily work, and they really help the morale of the team. Thanks for the opportunity to work for you!