Englert - Not great | Glassdoor

"Not great"

Former Employee - Rep
Former Employee - Rep

Pros

Money can be good. Got to meet and associate with some high level performers. Got to do lots of personal growth working on my own.

Cons

Management was disrespectful and very greedy. Shortcomings were displayed in front of the whole group, praise was limited. Advancement didn't go to the better employees.

Advice to Management

Think about the long term. The employer - employee relationship is not a one call close, it is a relationship, and respect gets respect.

Other Employee Reviews for Englert

"Leafguard employee review"

Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Warehouse Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Englert full-time

Pros

A big part of why I love working here is the fact that even though it is a somewhat big company with multiple branches across the nation it still has a family business feel. It was also really nice to get an email from our CEO Brad Beldon to congratulate me on my 1 year employment and another to wish me Happy Birthday. That is a personal touch that makes a person feel important and part of the team / LeafGuard family. Benefits are also really good for the employees. My branch has really great people and it's a joy to work with them so coming to work is never a problem.

Cons

The company does not match 401k. Personally cannot afford benefits for my whole family. Sometimes I feel there is not much chance for advancement within the company and have to wonder if this could be a lifelong career.

Advice to Management

Continue asking for input from the employees. They are the ones working in the field and know what customers are wanting and feeling about our product. Not to mention it makes us feel relevant to the company. If I feel my voice cannot or will not be heard I would not feel as I am valued. When workers are happy to come to work and feel comfortable speaking with management they will usually perform better.

2. "Nepotism much?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perth Amboy, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Perth Amboy, NJ

I have been working at Englert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Weekly paycheck
    -Great co-workers.
    -Work life balance

Cons

- Where do I even begin on this. As a family-owned business it is to be expected but there is nepotism at practically every single level of this company. Also they treat new people that come in as a threat rather than a new outlook and are perfectly content with the status quo and 1950s type mentality of doing things. But I did not know at the time is you can literally negotiate more vacation time you can negotiate different working schedules but only if you're in a higher level position. Certain people are able to negotiate getting their Cobra paid because benefits don't start for 90 days which is another 1950s mentality.

Contrary to what they think $0.25 matching is not standard and having to wait 90 days is definitely not standard for benefits.

Advice to Management

If people keep continually leaving positions under specific managers maybe you need to address the managers and not the position. Also a 25 cents for each dollar matching a 401k was great when it was 1954. I think the reason why people have been there for 30 years plus is because they literally don't have enough retirement money to leave yet.