Entergy - Avoid Entergy if you have other options | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Entergy

"Avoid Entergy if you have other options"

Former Employee - Manager in New Orleans, LA
Former Employee - Manager in New Orleans, LA

Pros

It may be considered to be one of the better employers in an area where there may be few other options with Fortune 500 companies.

Cons

Incompetent management. Healthcare with poor coverage including a $1000 deductable

Advice to Management

Do not place sr. leaders into roles that they are not qualified by either work experience or degree to oversee.

Other Employee Reviews for Entergy

"A Staff Accountant's Review of Entergy"

Current Employee - Accountant in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Accountant in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Room to grow while staying within the same company. Experience in the utility industry. Training is provided to encourage career growth.

Cons

Poor health insurance and benefits. Incompetent middle management and failure of senior management to recognize the issue.

Advice to Management

Entergy is generally a good place to work, however, management needs to open its eyes to the real issues of the company. The company will not be successful if middle management is unable to follow through on the desires of senior management.

"You can determine your success."

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in The Woodlands, TX

Pros

I felt like Entergy enabled me to take on new challenges, and I feel like I contributed to the company. I learned so much while working there. They were more than willing to let me get out to the field which was a big plus.

Cons

Depending on where you live, the work locations aren't the best. Working in power generation means working at sites that are away from the city.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Everyone I met in upper management had been with the company for a long time and were experienced in their fields.