Enterprise Community Partners - IT Managers lied to me for two years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Community Partners

"IT Managers lied to me for two years"

Former Employee - Software in Columbia, MD

I worked at Enterprise Community Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The mission of the company is supposed to be noble. The food at the deli was quite nice.

Cons

As a developer, the business rules are constantly changing or not defined at all. That's a problem from the business side to IT. Within IT, it's all downhill; just don't work there.

Advice to Management

IT Management was never honest or transparent with me.

The managers in IT constantly lied to me about my job position. Instead of simply stating that there was no need for a .NET position and a SalesForce admin was wanted instead, tell me. Instead, you went years without assigning any substantial work to me, and then you have the audacity to say I "under produce". When asked what my next assignment was, you couldn't even answer. You constantly lied to me, saying that it was my fault I didn't have any work. No, that is the job of management.

The IT managers should have "manned up" and stated that the position was no longer needed. Instead, you had to shuffle the department around until you could find a manager who would do your dirty work for you and fire me. And how pathetic is it that multiple current employees have told me that there was a congrats-fest after the firing, as if to tell the manager-you-installed-to-do-your-firing that he was to be congratulated for his "first kill", as it were.

The managers in IT are not ethical. A previous manager stood up to the higher-ups and refused to do their bidding, so the IT managers shuffled the department to find someone to do their hatchet-job. The fact that you have to lie in finding a termination reason is pathetic. None of the managers at Enterprise was honest.

In the end, I get the last laugh: when you have development skills, finding a new position is trivial. You guys can lie all you want about why you got rid of me, but I get the last laugh. I earned two years of salary and you barely assigned me anything at all. I've done as much work since leaving Enterprise as I did while I was there, only you paid me for two years while I didn't do it.

And that's the truth.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Community Partners

1. "A great company to learn the business but not the place to grow"

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Columbia, MD

I worked at Enterprise Community Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-The company's mission to provide affordable housing
    -The benefits (medical, dental, vision)

Cons

-Very little growth within the company; if you haven't been promoted in two years, leave
    -Promotions are only given to those who have more seniority rather than those who work hard

Advice to Management

I think management should carefully evaluate their staff; i.e. staff who are working hard, who comes in on time vs. those who are wasting office hours.

"IT Becoming Outsource Department"

I worked at Enterprise Community Partners full-time

Pros

7.5-hour work days.
    Company mission is commendable.
    Decent healthcare benefits

Cons

No one likes the CIO. You will fear for your job every day. Other IT managers are mostly worthless. You are either a blind follower of a failed IT strategy or they look down at you.

Advice to Management

Be honest and transparent. The morale at this company is horrible and it will continue to be this way until some of the managers leave. This review of the company reflects my opinion only of the IT and Help Desk personnel.