Enterprise - Very fast paced and you must multi-task | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Very fast paced and you must multi-task"

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Memphis, TN

Pros

The benefits and the promotion aspect of the car industry. Enterprise rewards hard workers. They believe in the environment and employees.

Cons

You must perform your daily tasks efficiently and be able to adapt to changes at any time. If can be nerve racking bust it does pay off in the end.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

"One of the worst jobs I have EVER had! Look elsewhere."

Former Employee - Roadside Assistance Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Roadside Assistance Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, discounts with other local businesses, possibilites for lateral movement

Cons

Bad compensation to work ratio: I was being paid $11 an hour and doing $15- $18 an hour's worth of work. My raise was only $.50 after 6 months.

Terrible department-to-department communication: Working Roadside Assistance, you often have to find replacement vehicles for your customers. On Sundays, the only locations that are open are the closest airports. Often times, I would not have the correct phone #, or email address for the airport (or they would randomly change them and not inform Roadside Assistance), therefore, I couldn't even attempt to help the customer because I could not get ahold of anyone at those locations. There were computer systems that we could use to verify inventory on the Enterprise lots, but they were MS DOS based, and inaccurate. There was no way for Roadside Assistance to reserve cars currently on the lot, so we would tell customers that there were vehicles available, and PRAY that they were still there when the customer arrived. Can you guess how often that didn't happen?

Awful schedules: Roadside Assistance is a 24/7 job. The schedules don't make sense. There is often no option to work a Mon-Fri, first/second/third shift. You will be working something like Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun, 3:00p-11:30p. Be prepared to miss EVERY special event, EVERY get together, and good luck keeping a relationship intact. Employees would often be so desperate to get a better shift that they would go "At Risk" (obtaining 6+ attendance points) because, for some odd reason, the "At Risk" schedules were much better than the shifts offered to people who showed up on time every day. Also, Roadside Assistance is the only department that works these hours. All of the Enterprise branches work almost Banker's hours. That doesn't make sense seeing as many of Enterprises customers don't stop traveling just because it gets dark.

Terrible policies for problems: If your customer has a flat tire while driving a car that they rented 10 minutes ago (that was checked in 15 minutes ago and therefore never inspected), and they didn't take out the Roadside Assistance Plan when renting the car, you are forced to apply a service fee for someone to come out and change the tire. Many customers would flat out scream, and curse at you.... all day long. That's just one example.

Absurd expectations for Call Handling Time: When I was there, they wanted your calls under 8 1/2 minutes. It was later found that the only people who accomplished this were people who blantantly did not do their job. Unfortunately, call handling time played a big role in your raises/ ability to leave the department/ ability to get a better schedule. So, people would get so desperate that they would simply not do what they were supposed to, and cut corners to get their call time down.

Turnover was around 75%. Seriously. Because turnover is so high, Enterprise HR no longer does reference checks over the phone. They now send perspective employers to a website where they will have to pay $20 simply to get your rate of pay, and dates of employment. How many perspective employers are going to want to do that?

Terrible Reputation with other departments: Often the individual Enterprise locations would lie to us when we called to inquire about other vehicles because they knew that we were going to take one of their vehicles as a replacement for a car that had broken down. You will be insulted, called names, hung up on... by your own collegues.

Terrible training that doesn't train you for the "real" job.

Terrible management who often times haven't even done the job that you are currently doing.

I have more, but you get the jist. Do not work for this department! It is one of the worst decisions that I have ever made.

Advice to Management

Fundamentally change everything about the Roadside Assistance department. You would be surprised what your employees honestly think about the job/ company.

2. "The work can be very tedious and often you are not recognized or praised when it is due"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Westborough, MA

Pros

The company harps on a good work/life balance and the benefits are a lot better than other companies I have worked for in the past. The hours at the position I have are also great 7-4:30 pm and no weekends- no complaints there.

Cons

There is very little respect from customers and corporate for the the management trainees and management assistants. At most branches it is cut throat and very competitive and sometimes as hard as you try you never can succeed. It can be very frustrating and a lot of this job is based on luck.

Advice to Management

Better communication