Enterprise - I love it | Glassdoor

"I love it"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Assistance Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the people, everyone is really friendly. The pay is nice (for a college student).

Cons

the weather, you have to adjust and be able to have open availability

Advice to Management

training!

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

"Good place to build your resume but man..."

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You build your resume. That's it point blank. Anyone can do this job, a 17 year old could do this job, they just wouldn't last longer than 2 days. Thats why they only hire college grads because for some reason they are more apt to put up with the BS.

Cons

Standing for 12-13 hours a day, being outside in 110+ degree heat wearing an f'in suit and tie, washing cars in an f'in suit and tie, low pay, keep the carrot and the stick in front of you but once you realize how awful it is you lose all hope for life and inevitably end up hating your existence day in and day out, getting screamed at by what seems a daily gathering of the public retards in your branch. Aside from all of that, your job literally depends on you selling a service to people that almost all of them already have, insurance. You are literally double covering their rental vehicle for them if they have full coverage insurance on at least one of their own vehicles. If the customer has an ounce of intelligence they wont buy from you. You essentially have to paint a horrible border line lie of a picture in their mind to sway people's opinions.

Advice to Management

ummm revamp everything. More pay, more employees per branch, and get rid of the stupid sales qualifications to advance. I was top 10 in my matrix for my entire stint at home city and top 4 at our airport location (best of the best associates from the city) for my time up there, yet when I came back to the home city location I was put in a branch with a much more affluent and intelligent customer base and my numbers went down the tubes. it was horribly demoralizing to know you had a bad day because no one bought from you. The sales aspect of the job isn't much more than luck given you have some sort of innate ability to talk to people, yet your gauge from my promotability is based solely upon my sales numbers. Of course my numbers are going to be better working in the inner city where half the people that walk in the door only have liability insurance and essentially have to take out the extra coverage. Then when I get moved and put in a better part of the city my numbers drop, is it that I'm not working as hard? No, if anything it's the opposite. Now how's that even close to be the level playing field you so often preached about?

2. "ERAC"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with, easy job, meet interesting people

Cons

Glorified position in interviews and materials. Job is boring and very frustrating. Selling insurance is the actual job not any sort of management. It sucks washing cars in a suit.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about what the job is.