Enterprise - Loving where I work | Glassdoor

"Loving where I work"

Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It takes hard work, no doubt about it, but they reward hard work too. I absolutely love the people I work with and I have had several promotions and the financial rewards back it up based upon my own and my team's efforts.

Cons

I honestly having nothing but great things to say for the years of support this company has given to me to both pesonally and professionally!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and they will continue to provide great customer service that this company was founded on

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Hard work and good sales will pay off"

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They always promote from within so you never have to worry about them hiring a manager over you who has not been in your shoes and that hasn't done the task that you have done. Very easy to get along with co-workers and usually I found myself hanging out them outside of work as well.

Cons

If you don't excel at sales it will be harder to get promoted even though you may excel well above other employees in other key areas. The work days can tend to get long but on the plus side you usually have the weekends off or are getting off on Saturdays pretty early. Starting pay is pretty low but after being promoted to assistant manager and above the pay gets better.

Advice to Management

Look at the big picture when promoting instead of focusing mainly on sales to promote more well rounded managers. I know for myself I was average at sales and got passed up for some promotions when I truly believe that I was the best option for the position and proved it at different locations by making those branches more successful with better employees. Sales is not 100% of the job as a manager.

"Hard work - great friends"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've made some great friends while working at Enterprise. The days are long, so making friends with co-workers is essential. Great entry level job for the resume.

Cons

HARD WORK. HARD WORK. HARD WORK. Washing cars in a suit, being abused by customers, difficult to promote, antiquated business structures, etc. It was difficult to take any sort of pride in work.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing your employees by letting the good ones go so quickly. It's hard work and they should be rewarded more. And more frequently. Senior managers, remember what it was like when you were an MT or an AM. HARD WORK. It is important to have your employees enjoying as much of their day as possible. And Area Managers, it would be nice if you cared about the young MTs. They are the most vulnerable at that point.