Enterprise - Competitive, career starting, customer service oriented, high pressure organization. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Competitive, career starting, customer service oriented, high pressure organization."

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company benefits are great!
Employees are generally easy to get along with and socially outgoing
Great opportunity to learn how to run and manage a business.

Cons

Long hours, even though you're sold on 49-51 hrs/wk to start, depending on what office you begin your career, your hours could easily reach 60 hrs/wk. If you're a manager and you want your office to be successful, you will work no less than 60 hrs/wk.
High stress due long hours and apathetic attitude from upper management whenever performance is below monthly goals.
Always looking for the new hot employee, so the area manager/company can boast about them in order to make themselves look better for hiring/training that particular employee and set them as an example for other new employees.

Advice to Management

Look at the market around you and the team you build before you start pointing fingers around for 'poor performance.'

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in New York, NY

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very young work environment. Most co-workers will be fresh out of college. I made many friends here and had a lot of fun at after-work happy hours. All the opportunity in the world to advance, provided you want to stay with the company. Good dental. "Flex" days, so you can leave a little early one day a week. Job security -- they will fire you if your sales numbers are bad, but they need to be very bad, and bad for a long time before you'll even be put on probation. They offer 401k and match 3%.

Cons

Really rough job. Expect to spend most of your day outside in the rain, snow, freezing cold, heat, etc. If it snows, you'll be shoveling cars out all day. Expect to clean many cars in a suit, every day. The dress code is a bit ridiculous for the work you're doing, and they're pretty strict about it. The pay is very poor considering the number of hours you'll be working (minimum 10 hour days, some days up to 14). You'll be expected to work weekends. Depending on the type of location you're working in, you may also work nights and holidays. The health benefits are poor and they only give you 7 paid days off during your first year, which is less than most companies give. Although there are plenty of career opportunities within daily rental, there are barely any in the corporate office, so unless you're okay with working in the daily rental environment for the rest of your career (which I'm sure you don't), you can't really go anywhere. Expect to pick up customers/drive them home. It's extremely awkward and actually kind of dangerous. Customers treat you like crap and don't realize that you need a college degree to work as an MT and that you actually ARE a smart, educated individual. Working at Enterprise is essentially working retail, so if you wouldn't work in a retail environment, this is not for you. Managers play favorites BIG TIME and you'll see people (mainly kiss-asses) get promoted that don't deserve it. Enterprise DOES expect that your job becomes your life -- they expect the world from you.

I am NOT a lazy person and have worked my whole life. I've worked long hours, OT, jumped through hoops at other jobs, etc. I just want people to know what they're getting themselves into with Enterprise. It is not a bad company, but it is also not for everyone, and had I known what it would be like before taking the job, I never would have. It simply is not worth the pay.

Advice to Management

Realize how tough

2. "Before you know it... you have a Career"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As my first real job out of college, I (like most) had a scattered perception of where I was headed in my career. I was looking for a company that would allow me to work hard and give me a path to success. Ultimately, Enterprise offered that path and continues to do so, even after 7 years here. You really learn the basics of business on the job and because of the constant feedback you find out not just what you want to do, but also where you excel.

Cons

It is a very competitive and result oriented environment. We are a team that expects to win and will not settle for subpar results. It is tough for many to confront your weaknesses through our review process, but I will promise the company will make you better.