Enterprise - The best internship I could have asked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"The best internship I could have asked for"

Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Deer Park, NY
Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Deer Park, NY

I worked at Enterprise as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

All of my co-workers went out of there way to explain every part of my position. I never felt uncomfortable asking questions and they made sure I was fully prepared for a task before they had me do it.

Cons

If you are not good at sales there's no way to get promoted.
Also my co-workers were awesome but other interns I spoke to did not have the same experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

"The Grass is Greener on the Other Side"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meet lots of friends. You also learn how to run your own business. They gie you all the tools and education you could imagine to run your business. They will also instill in your soul "great customer service".

Cons

Nothing good will come from this company for anybody. Run the other way. The amount of hours you put in are crazy. Once you become a salary plus commission employee, there will be several weeks you put in over 70 hours. I have worked as much as 90 in the airport market. You will not get paid nearly what you are worth. 2/3 of your commissions will come from the re-sale of vehicles, and not from branch profits. That means your pay will not be consistent and your personal efforts are not rewarded financially. They always threaten jobs if you don't perfom but never act on it. This means people that put in little effort are rewarded the same as you and nothing will change. You will never get the reconition you deserve. Enterprise believes in promoting people that can sale damage waiver over 35% of the time. They assume this is the only gauge to measure sales ability of a person and that is sad. You should also observe that most of the branch managers and above have been with the company for several years, while most of the employees are new hires. This should tell you something about the turnover.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth and stop trying to upsale at airports. Listen to your employees. I have never seen a company completely ignore reality like you do. Stop trying to "sell the moon" to employees. They will get the big picture in the first 90 days and realize they have made a major mistake.

"Terrible leadership whom only promotes dishonesty in order to make the sale"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn how to not treat customers

Cons

Poor leadership. Caught an assistant manager lying to a customer.

Advice to Management

You are a profit organization, but take care of your employees. I never felt like I mattered to anyone no matter how hard I worked.