Enterprise - Enterprise is a great company to launch your career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Enterprise is a great company to launch your career"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Ogden, UT
Current Employee - Management Trainee in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere with excellent people to work with. Enterprise focuses on the development of its people as one of its core beliefs. If you're looking for a great pace to learn all aspects of business and prepare yourself for operating your own business there isn't much better training ground than Enterprise. In a short period of time you'll learn more than most do in graduate school programs. Couldn't ask for a better company to launch a career with.

Cons

The hours are not quite what you would call ideal. You will be asked to work 48 hours per week for the first while you are with the company, and the pay isn't the greatest. You will learn invaluable parts of running a business however, and the way I see it is that I'd rather get paid for the attainment of graduate degree level knowledge than pay someone else for it.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Good place to build a career if you are willing to work."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great advancement opportunities
    Fun people
    Great training

Cons

Low pay
    Long Hours
    Difficult Customers
    Inconsitent managment/ High turn over

Advice to Management

Pay your employee's more from the start. We work hard, harder than most of the work force, and get paid peanuts. With a little more upfront Enterprise would not have the amount of turn over that it does. Most of the reviews I have read complain about working in a suit and tie and washing cars. Get over yourselves! Everyone has to start somewhere and you have to WORK to make it at Enterprise, they tell you this upfront. With that being said a highly driven person can make a good living at Enterprise down the line. I would still be at Enterprise if a better opportunity had not come up, and for that Enterprise is great. You will get noticed if you do well and it does open alot of doors.

2. "Great place to get experience right out of college."

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to work under different managers and learn their management styles. Seeing both good and not so good styles helps you develop your own. You can have your hands in the "books" from day one. No question is off limits when you look at the P&L statement with management. You can help create goals and track progress, implement your ideas on how to improve sales. You can help gain new business and maintain the business partnerships we already have, as well as assist with training new hires. Great place to work to get some management experience.

Cons

There is only one way you can get promoted--sales directly to the customer. One way you can bring money into the company is through gaining new accounts. These accounts bring in consistent revenue for years to come. This doesn't count for anything...but a one time sale to a customer that may bring in an additional $150 in a week is the only thing they care about.
    If you like a quick sales approach, you will succeed and have a great career at Enterprise. However if you like to build a relationship (like you do when you gain a new account, as I mentioned above), this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Take another look into how one might qualify to get promoted.