Enterprise - Take the job...but only if you're desperate. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Take the job...but only if you're desperate."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it can be a great resume builder

Cons

There is Poor management in the area I worked

Advice to Management

invest in your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "I only wish I had left much sooner."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of hours. You'll never have to pipe up for overtime. Also, the company promotes a training environment. It's a good entry level job. I would say it's a quite useful position for the initial 6 months. Take advantage of the training. It's the closest thing to getting an MBA for free. Also, you get to drive relatively new cars--need I say more?

Cons

The hours! Get ready to watch your personal life go out the window. You will likely work a minimum of 50 hours each week. If you've been scrounging for work, you'll like the hours at first, but it will wear off quite quickly. Also you will be transferred VERY often so don't get too used to anyone or anything. Promotes an environment of favoritism-if you're a favorite, you will be trained so make sure to put your best foot forward upon meeting your coworkers. I would not expect a level playing ground. The job is also characteristically monotonous, but there are some efforts put into place to break things up. My suggestion, on that note, would be to promote quickly otherwise, you will suffer from boredom unlike any other form of ennui you have ever encountered before. Minorities BEWARE. If you're looking for equal footing, travel elsewhere. You WILL feel it here. Just an observation based on having been with the company for over two years in multiple locations across the state of California as well as feedback from fellow coworkers and peers. And then there's the compensation. You do a lot for very little. I once found that the pay in one area for Management Trainees exceeded that of a local dishwasher position at a hotel by a whopping 32 cents. For all that the position requires, it is hardly a fair amount.

Advice to Management

Training! Do what you promised when you first offered the position. It's the easiest way to grow your business and retain your employees. Don't let the day-to-day stuff get in the way of fostering your employees' futures. EVERY day is busy at Enterprise, so make room to handle all parts of your job. Just because your employees are the easiest to set aside, doesn't mean you should. If your people aren't trained, then you're not doing your job. In the simplest of terms, happy employees = more$. Also, the company is based on good set of values-I think it would beneficial to follow them.

"Good place to start a career, great experience and even better friends"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with, managerial support, any job you have after this will be a cake walk.

Cons

None if you are a business person and don't mind working hard. Everyone is very supportive.