Enterprise - Great start not a forever thats for sure | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Great start not a forever thats for sure"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in New England (Jamaica)
Former Employee - Management Assistant in New England (Jamaica)

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training program you will learn alot.(if you have the right manager) The training program is really well known as well! Good start out of college like the website says. Also slap of reality alot of people just graduating college are looking for the job where you make a lot of money and not have to work so hard. Enterprise is not the case, its a STARTING position. EVERY ONE NEEDS TO START SOMEWHERE! Over all it was okay, I would do it again only for where it got me to, i would not last more then 2 years there! Alot of young people (can be good/bad) Benefits are good for a single person- for a family they are a bit stiff with such a low pay.

Cons

First and foremost you are dealing with a very corporate type setting- its dog eat dog and watch what you say and to who you say it too(a little like high school!) There are alot of empty promises, they say you can be promoted within 9 months to an assistant manager. Keep in mind that depends where you are located, it does not happen in all areas. People get promoted in the company not because they are doing everything right- its based on a popularity contest in alot of cases. Really really low pay for how much time and effort you put into your job. It is against the law to not give a lunch break There were so many times that I could not have an hour lunch break yet I was forced to punch out and not get paid! All these people say that the bad reviews are for those who could not make it- is not true either, I won SEVERAL matrixes and was number one almost the whole time I was there. I just knew that I could make alot more money and get rewarded for my hard work other than lunch!

Advice to Management

Be upfront with your employees and let them know black and white instead of going and talking to others. Have a better understanding of your employees and treat them a bit better- also hire people that do not clog the system, and that will actually do their job. When more than one person has a problem with a manager- may its time to do something. Make time for your employees and develop them it will only make you look better!

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Amazing Internship"

Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern
    Current Employee - Management Trainee Intern

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young crowd looking to have fun while working in a serious business. Went in knowing nothing, but walked away at the end of the summer being number 4 in sales in the entire state. Love the atmosphere and the amazing co-workers I have.

Cons

Long hours.. but who cares. Making money and time flies by when youre busy and having fun!

Advice to Management

Continue making your employees feel like they are equal.

2. "Not a terrible place to work"

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great training, promote from within, very fast promotion periods

Cons

overly competitive, very long hours