Enterprise - The only think worth working for at Enterprise was the people you meet. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"The only think worth working for at Enterprise was the people you meet."

Former Employee - Loss Control in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Loss Control in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training program! They let you be your own boss. I meet a lot of great people, and have kept in contact with many of them over the years.

Cons

When I was working in a branch, I hated washing the cars in a suit. The pay is horrible, I used to work 55 to 60 hours a week.

Advice to Management

You guys need to learn to listen to your team and try to resolve problems before they escalate into something bigger.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Good first job - no more than that."

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customer Service Experience, Time Management, Good on a Resume, Stress Management, Great Co-Workers. Met some great friends in my time there, and led me to getting a great job.

Cons

Terrible hours, Mediocre Pay, Promotion system that leads to unethical behavior, Limited help at higher levels, Horrible horrible horrible staffing. Enterprise likes to take advantage of peoples work ethic, you don't really get rewarded for your hard work. A large number of top sellers achieve their numbers with unethical or immoral methods because it is promoted by the company. They push how they want to be ethical however you can only get promoted based on sales not on overall performance. Too many people slip through the cracks and poor management is often developed.

Advice to Management

Look at an employees overall performance. A good seller is not always management material. Invest more into training. The MT program is good however 3 days then throwing people to the wolves does not always create a good employee. Invest in your talent don't just hope they do well and management has time to take care of them. Skeleton crews struggle to hit ESQI and sales, a half staffed branch can't keep customers happy. It is unreal to expect top customer service scores with a short staff. Compensate your people, I remember averaging 55-60 hours a week, acting in a management role without the manager title and my last W-2 was 35K. Upper management is usually supportive but not consistent.

2. "Solid Customer Service Training"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mission and Values are entrenched in training and engrained in corporate structure daily. Great place to cut teeth if you plan to train, develop or manage people. Routines are easy to follow.

Cons

Routines are easy to follow but change constantly before a measure of success can be calculated, change is more of the routine than the regarded issues the change attempts to address.

Advice to Management

Reward systems are good but incentives that amount to real tangible values like raises above 3%. I would also suggest the return of regularly scheduled staff meetings instead of email, and the intranet's version of social media as a way to communicate policy change. Enforcing, understanding and feedback from and about rules requires human interaction.