Enterprise - Great entry level position to start a career in sales/almost anything... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Great entry level position to start a career in sales/almost anything..."

Current Employee - Management Trainee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Management Trainee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging but rewarding competitive environment. You are given the tools and autonomy to make tough decisions from day one, empowering management team is always available to answer any questions that you may have and support you along the way. You literally learn every aspect of the business, from accounting to marketing to HR and recruitment, to risk management.

Cons

Hard work/smart work does not pay off right away, there are mandatory requirements that EVERY employee needs to go through. Which is good so that upper management can relate to employees and their struggles, but it could prove stifling/SLUGGISH to people who are driven/motivated by quick and rewarding career advancement.

Advice to Management

develop an expedited program for top performing employees, I know there is a lot to cover but some of us are willing and able to give more and understand concepts quicker.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Anyone who says this is a great place to work is a liar"

Former Employee - Management Assistant/Staff Accountant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management Assistant/Staff Accountant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Albeit the many negatives, I did get to work with some great people at my various branches. Also, most of my craziest stories come from my time at ERAC, like the time I led a mission to Pechanga Casino to take back a stolen car.

Cons

Ah, the cons. Well for starters, the pay is terrible, just slightly more than the starting wage at In-N-out but you also must have a college degree. I burned through dress clothing, especially shoes due to all the running around at the branches. When I received a promotion to admin, I dealt with childish managers and more backstabbing than the Roman Empire. Clearly, the managers I have worked with were poised and ready to consistently violate the company's values.

Do not work for Enterprise Rent-A-Car. You will regret it.

Advice to Management

Raise wages, restructure management, provide a clothing stipend...I would go on but it doesn't matter. Overall, management is convinced the system works and won't change a thing.

"Unethical company"

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Malden, MA
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Malden, MA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount on Macy's Gift card to buy suits when you first start.

Cons

They do not tell you upfront that your salary is hourly. They will present a annual salary this much higher and you can only achieve that if you work crazy overtime. You have to wash cars in suits and ruin your clothes. You have to work Saturdays. You basically get to make up random prices for daily car rental price. You have to lie or do whatever it takes to sell insurance that they don't need. Don't work here.