Enterprise - Drink the Kool-Aid | Glassdoor

"Drink the Kool-Aid"

Current Employee - MT for ERAC AE for ECARS in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - MT for ERAC AE for ECARS in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees of ERAC are fresh college grads...green and moldable. The relationships you build with co-workers as well as regular customers is great. Because of regular customers you have the ability to network well.
Advancement opportunities are "abundant"...as long as your on that "list" and qualify.
Corporate campus n Stl is gorgeous.
Get to drive all kinds of vehicles.

In essence, like most major companies, if you play the game, drink their Kool-aid, and are willing to put in the time, opportunities will be presented to you.

Cons

Drink the Kool Aid...that's it. ERAC is a large and successful co. that has proven success doing things their way. So do it their way and play the game or get pushed to he side. It's very much a sales game. While your paycheck may not reflect it, your career will.
Too conservative as co in general...n specific the dress..white shirt and tie everyday, all day, n 100+ degrees...no facial hair, etc.
Matrix system, while beneficial, also hinders good qualified poeple from getting promoted so the wrong person gets the spot.
Hours...48 a wk...sort of...unless your at the airport which is 365 days a yr. and you may work 8days in a row.

Advice to Management

Relax your attitudes and culture. Instead of hiring any college grad that wants to sell, hire intellects that want a career. Don't base all promotions on your matrix without exception...good candidates get passed up because they are in the wrong branches at the wrong time.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

"Great entry level position to start a career in sales/almost anything..."

Current Employee - Management Trainee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging but rewarding competitive environment. You are given the tools and autonomy to make tough decisions from day one, empowering management team is always available to answer any questions that you may have and support you along the way. You literally learn every aspect of the business, from accounting to marketing to HR and recruitment, to risk management.

Cons

Hard work/smart work does not pay off right away, there are mandatory requirements that EVERY employee needs to go through. Which is good so that upper management can relate to employees and their struggles, but it could prove stifling/SLUGGISH to people who are driven/motivated by quick and rewarding career advancement.

Advice to Management

develop an expedited program for top performing employees, I know there is a lot to cover but some of us are willing and able to give more and understand concepts quicker.

2. "Anyone who says this is a great place to work is a liar"

Former Employee - Management Assistant/Staff Accountant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management Assistant/Staff Accountant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Albeit the many negatives, I did get to work with some great people at my various branches. Also, most of my craziest stories come from my time at ERAC, like the time I led a mission to Pechanga Casino to take back a stolen car.

Cons

Ah, the cons. Well for starters, the pay is terrible, just slightly more than the starting wage at In-N-out but you also must have a college degree. I burned through dress clothing, especially shoes due to all the running around at the branches. When I received a promotion to admin, I dealt with childish managers and more backstabbing than the Roman Empire. Clearly, the managers I have worked with were poised and ready to consistently violate the company's values.

Do not work for Enterprise Rent-A-Car. You will regret it.

Advice to Management

Raise wages, restructure management, provide a clothing stipend...I would go on but it doesn't matter. Overall, management is convinced the system works and won't change a thing.