Enterprise - Great people - Average Job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Great people - Average Job"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Management Assistant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at work are great. Most employees joining the company are pretty young so you can make some great friends here. Because of the people, work can often be fun (which can't be said at a lot of other jobs.) You are given a lot of freedom and often have opportunities to be outside of the office which can make a long day seem as though it is flying by.

Enterprise really does teach you how to be a manager. You will learn every single aspect of the business. However, I have to say that people will not come to you and ask to teach you. You have to be willing to learn and reach out to upper management. If you show that you want to learn that people will teach you any and everything you need to know to be successful in business.

Occasional work happy hours/dinners/events can be a lot of fun.

If you want to get moved up in this company you really need to work for it. Nothing will be given to you just because you are "cool." You have to have great sales and customer service and also you have to get the other employees to like you if you want to get promoted.

Cons

Long days. Work-life balance is almost non-existent. You will become great friends with your co-workers because they are the only other people who work the kind of hours that you are working. Branches are often understaffed which makes it difficult to take days off, or makes the job harder than it needs to be. On the days that are very difficult I often found myself saying, "I don't get paid enough to deal with this." The job has the stress of a sales job as well as the humiliation of a customer service job. You are required to sell and also required to make every customer happy. Customers will talk to you like dirt, and it is your job to smile and ask them what you can do better.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "The worst ever"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It paid my bills when i needed the job

Cons

First of all the hours are extremely long. You start work at 715 am every day and finish at 630pm. You will work 2 Saturdays a month. Average work week is 55+ hours. The pay is very low. You will make just enough money to survive. Its minimum wage job that requires college degree. Going forward the customers are ok for the most part. On average you will get yelled at 2 to 3 times a day. Upper management does not care about you at all. You are on your own. I hated my time at enterprise. I cannot find another job. I am stuck at the moment there. I have been with the company for 1.5 years. I moved to an assistant manager spot after a year with the company. Always been a top performer. Attended sales dinners every month, but I just hate working there it’s not a company you want to work for. I am so tired when I get home that I don’t even have the energy to look for another job.

Advice to Management

Pay us decent living wage. We are being treated as slaves for minimum wage. Wake up and see the reality,

2. "Great if you are single"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced, evolving, high out put, high sales environment

Cons

60 hour weeks very common, no work life balance, stressful, unrealistic expectations