Enterprise - Tremendous company to work for, but it's not just renting cars! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Tremendous company to work for, but it's not just renting cars!"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Roanoke, VA
Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training program, takes good care of employees, competitive, like-minded people, you learn a lot about business in general, and how to run your own business

Cons

48-55 hours per week, Monday mornings are insane, so are Friday night's, and I'm small markets it takes a while to move up through the ranks

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Its just a job, not a career."

Current Employee - Service Agent in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discounts on rentals are really good for employees. Driving the different cars is pretty cool. I have met some great people and made some friends. Part time service agents can earn days off after one year. Work schedule (hours per week) are rather consistent. There used to be free lunch every now and then.

Cons

The revolving door of employees is never ending. The entire staff, both office and service agents are different from when I started.
    There is no chance for promotion from the service agent position without a college degree.
    The office staff can be immature sometimes. This may be a product of hiring so many college graduates.
    Everyone in the office is your boss. Even someone who has no idea what you do, how you do it or any idea how to do their own job. Someone tells them your name and here they come with orders.
    Communication is terrible unless its a complaint. This makes efficiency nearly impossible as no one knows what anyone else is doing.
    Management says we're a team, but it never feels like it.
    Office staff lies to customers about when service agents have left the office to pick them up. They say we're lost in traffic or we left five minutes ago and then customers are upset with us.
    The office staff encourages you to skip doing certain things in the interest of time. Spraying a car with water to make it look like its been washed is one example.
    Management does not respect you. You are just the worthless employee who cleans their cars.
    They talk down to you and let their egos get in the way of being even remotely competent, compassionate or any other desirable human quality.

Advice to Management

Train management on how to talk to and motivate employees. Hire managers who can do more than make you tons of money. A manager with people skills (for both customers and employees) would be great. While office staff has a clear career progression, service agents slave away with no defined career path. Give service agents a reason to stay with Enterprise. Dont lie to customers about when we left the office and when cars will be ready.

2. "Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy""

Former Employee - Management Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Made me learn what I didn't want to do

Cons

If you like working 55-60 hours a week for crappy pay and washing cars In the ran and snow this is the job for you

Advice to Management

Make some changes because you're going to keep losing people. The retention rate is horrible