Enterprise - great but fast paced | Glassdoor

"great but fast paced"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great people young, fun teams

Cons

long hours, you must dress up to work there

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "A great place to build a career, and stay!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment where personal effort is rewarded. Build your reputation as a team-player and you get all the flexibility you need. Work alongside some of the most talented, fun people you could find in any company.

Cons

Must thrive (not just function) in a multifaceted, fast-paced environment. If you like a more relaxed pace, where you can finish your "to-do" list each day, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Be very honest with the 80% of employees who need to improve, but spend more of your time developing your "top 20%".

2. "Its just a job, not a career."

Current Employee - Service Agent in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discounts on rentals are really good for employees. Driving the different cars is pretty cool. I have met some great people and made some friends. Part time service agents can earn days off after one year. Work schedule (hours per week) are rather consistent. There used to be free lunch every now and then.

Cons

The revolving door of employees is never ending. The entire staff, both office and service agents are different from when I started.
    There is no chance for promotion from the service agent position without a college degree.
    The office staff can be immature sometimes. This may be a product of hiring so many college graduates.
    Everyone in the office is your boss. Even someone who has no idea what you do, how you do it or any idea how to do their own job. Someone tells them your name and here they come with orders.
    Communication is terrible unless its a complaint. This makes efficiency nearly impossible as no one knows what anyone else is doing.
    Management says we're a team, but it never feels like it.
    Office staff lies to customers about when service agents have left the office to pick them up. They say we're lost in traffic or we left five minutes ago and then customers are upset with us.
    The office staff encourages you to skip doing certain things in the interest of time. Spraying a car with water to make it look like its been washed is one example.
    Management does not respect you. You are just the worthless employee who cleans their cars.
    They talk down to you and let their egos get in the way of being even remotely competent, compassionate or any other desirable human quality.

Advice to Management

Train management on how to talk to and motivate employees. Hire managers who can do more than make you tons of money. A manager with people skills (for both customers and employees) would be great. While office staff has a clear career progression, service agents slave away with no defined career path. Give service agents a reason to stay with Enterprise. Dont lie to customers about when we left the office and when cars will be ready.