Enterprise - The grind that opens many doors....besides car doors | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"The grind that opens many doors....besides car doors"

Former Employee - Management Assistant
Former Employee - Management Assistant

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- A lot of responsibilities and decision making for new grads
- Very reputable training/career track
- Working with people your own age
- Hardens you up for the real world
- If you can sell car insurance to someone who already has car insurance....you can sell anything...and other companies know that
- Opportunities once you leave

Cons

I won't lie there are more than I can remember...
- Kiss your life good bye! 55-60+ hr weeks for 30-35k
- Work with VERY rude customers (it really wears on you...)
- Most mangers won't let you sit during down time (if you're lucky enough to have any)
- A lot of pressure to make make a really hard sell
- Working in outside conditions (rain, snow, extreme heat, humidity) while in dress slacks and a button up with a tie
- Many false promises from management about your promotion
- Very high turnover/low moral

Advice to Management

You have a lot of kids you take on and you should see that as a huge responsibility to actually develop them as you promised and lured them in during the interview process and not just turn them into car insurance sales people and car washers....very misleading especially with the job title (Management Trainee). I'm glad I had the oppertunity to harden up and move to medical sales ( a lot of recruiters look for Enterprise, just make sure you move up a notch in the company and then apply to other jobs) Enterprise is not a career as much as a jumping stone.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Really hard work that can really pay off"

Pros

Bonuses, change of pace, team environment, opportunity for growth

Cons

Long hours, 100% sales driven, no one is happy when they rent a car

2. "Its just a job, not a career."

Current Employee - Service Agent in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discounts on rentals are really good for employees. Driving the different cars is pretty cool. I have met some great people and made some friends. Part time service agents can earn days off after one year. Work schedule (hours per week) are rather consistent. There used to be free lunch every now and then.

Cons

The revolving door of employees is never ending. The entire staff, both office and service agents are different from when I started.
    There is no chance for promotion from the service agent position without a college degree.
    The office staff can be immature sometimes. This may be a product of hiring so many college graduates.
    Everyone in the office is your boss. Even someone who has no idea what you do, how you do it or any idea how to do their own job. Someone tells them your name and here they come with orders.
    Communication is terrible unless its a complaint. This makes efficiency nearly impossible as no one knows what anyone else is doing.
    Management says we're a team, but it never feels like it.
    Office staff lies to customers about when service agents have left the office to pick them up. They say we're lost in traffic or we left five minutes ago and then customers are upset with us.
    The office staff encourages you to skip doing certain things in the interest of time. Spraying a car with water to make it look like its been washed is one example.
    Management does not respect you. You are just the worthless employee who cleans their cars.
    They talk down to you and let their egos get in the way of being even remotely competent, compassionate or any other desirable human quality.

Advice to Management

Train management on how to talk to and motivate employees. Hire managers who can do more than make you tons of money. A manager with people skills (for both customers and employees) would be great. While office staff has a clear career progression, service agents slave away with no defined career path. Give service agents a reason to stay with Enterprise. Dont lie to customers about when we left the office and when cars will be ready.