Enterprise - Fantastic opportunity to move your career forward. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Fantastic opportunity to move your career forward."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for the company for 5.5 years and I have been promoted 9 times. More importantly, I go to my job every day and work with high energy, college educated, motivated people. I have learned invaluable skills in sales, management, and employee development that I could not have gotten anywhere else. I really enjoy my job and look forward comming to work every day.

Cons

There have not been many cons for me. As with any job, there are peaks and valleys of very hard days and very easy days. Starting was hard because my friends made more money then I did but I have sense surpassed all of them.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people and the company will keep moving forward.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

"Very long hours; a ton of washing cars; dealing with angry customers."

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company itself is very profitable and well known. The benefits are solid. They guarantee your commute will not be over 40 minutes.

Cons

1) Very long hours. You will work about 55-60 hours a week on average; do not believe anything different.
    2) You NEVER get to leave on time. All branches close at 6:00 pm. but employees almost always have to stay and wash cars for at least an extra hour.
    3) For the first three months, 75% percent of your job will entail driving people around and washing cars. It is embarrassing to describe your job to friends.

Advice: If you went to a legitimate four year college do not take this job. Most older managers (hired back in the day) only have a high school education. Most of your peers graduated from junior colleges or a small step up.

Do not expect the cream of the crop from big state schools or universities. Expect people that barely passed some trashy, hick 'college.'

If you worked hard in college and want to be proud of your job, do not accept an offer from Enterprise-Rent-A-Car.

Advice to Management

1) Stop lying about the hours; tell employees that they are actually going to be working 11-hours a day.
    2) Pay a cleaning service to come every once in a while. The branches are filthy and no one ever takes out the trash.
    3) Pay for more car preps. Salesmen are constantly washing cars throughout the day and business is starting to suffer a bit.

2. "So-So company at the Service Agent level"

Former Employee - Service Agent in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Service Agent in Spokane, WA

I worked at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours, atmosphere, and overall workload. I enjoyed getting to shuttle people around a talk to them, so if that isn't for you maybe you can request to drive less. My employees were a blast to work with and we had fun whenever we weren't busy.

Cons

The pay wasn't that good and there really isn't much to look forward to with this company, that is why I moved on.

Advice to Management

Maybe find a way to better staff some locations. Give Service Agents more power (answer phones, etc) or employ more MT's and assistants