Enterprise - A good company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"A good company to work for"

Current Employee - Car Prep in Newark, NJ
Current Employee - Car Prep in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

To move up in the company

Cons

Degree they shoul try and hiring people with only associate

Advice to Management

If your are with the company for awhile try you should be able to come in with a associate degree

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "DECEIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While working for Enterprise, I met a lot of influential people and I used it as a opportunity to network. Many people recruit Enterprise employees because they know the work ethic of its employees and that they are very selective with the hiring process.

Cons

Where shall I start????
    -They told me my salary would be $32,700 yearly....this is true only if you work 50 plus hrs a week. My 1st 40 hrs were at $11.76 per/hr (with a Bachelor's Degree mind you)
    -You are washing cars in and out with a suit on in all weather conditions
    -Unethical sales practices. You are forced to meet your sales goals by telling the customers that certain coverage is included in their total, when in fact they are extra. You also have to tell them that certain coverage is required and make them feel so bad if they don't take it. I could go on and on about the unethical sales tactics about this company.
    -You are forced to meet your sales quotas but make NO COMMISSION as a Mgr Trainee. All of your hard work goes into the pockets of the Branch Mgr, Area Mgr & District Mgr. All they care about is the "Bottom Number". After a year of service, you are eligible to go through the "Grilling" process where you are basically tested by all of the departments in your area to ensure that you know everything about the business. Its a long and tedious test that a lot of people don't pass. If you are fortunate enough to pass, congratulations! You get a $1000 raise and are now referred to a as a Manager's Asst and still you get no commission! It is when you become an Asst Mgr, that you get a VERY SMALL percentage of the bottom number and I think its like 2 or 3 percent.
    -To make a long story short, depending on what region your work in, you have to be with this company a VERY LONG time to reap the benefits, until then you are a SLAVE!!!

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront with your employees and give the Mgr Trainees at least a small percentage of the bottom number because they work the HARDEST for it and if it wasn't for them you would make nothing!!! Show more employee appreciation and stop lying to your customers about coverage just to make more money. Someone needs to offer this company a Business Ethics 101 class.

Enterprise Response

Nov 19, 2013 – Director: Employment Brand

We pride ourselves on treating our customers and employees fairly with the highest ethical standards and we live by our founding value of 'honesty and integrity are the foundation of our success'. We ... More

"The worst company to ever work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Personal Family and friend discounts for rental

Cons

Low pay, overworked, long hour shifts, no worklife balance at all