Enterprise - Great first job out of college, opens up many doors | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Great first job out of college, opens up many doors"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with Enterprise as an intern in February 2012, went full time as a Management Trainee in that summer after my graduation, eventually got promoted to a major airport in May of 2013 and put in my two weeks in September 2013.

Enterprise is a great first job. It transforms you from a nervous recent graduate to a responsible adult. The job exposes you to client/vendor relationships, travel arrangements, marketing, managing accounts receivable, administrative efforts and sales. You work as a team with your co-workers who more than likely are recent graduates themselves. The products are easy to understand and selling them is not difficult. If you sell well you will get promoted quickly and make great money- if you cannot sell well (like me) the managers help you and train you to do better or will focus you more towards marketing efforts and back-end administrative work.

The general Enterprise employee is very approachable and easy to get along with- they hire mainly based on your ability to speak clearly and enthusiastically. The initial pay is not bad for a recent graduate (around $14 an hour in most regions) and the career path clear-cut. After a year you will usually receive at least one promotion as well.

Overall, great people, collaborative environment and exposure to many skills required in the business world.

Cons

Long hours, suit and tie (bit much), no facial-hair policy, no commission, etc.

These issues are not overwheming. Pay your dues as a recent grad and this company will either eventually truly reward you or give you the experience for your resume to land the job you want that requires those minimum of x years experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Love the culture you find"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is fun and the people are great.

Cons

You work lots of hours. Lots.

Advice to Management

Work on fluidity of vehicles.

2. "Good Company, Hard Work, Low Pay"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Jeffersonville, PA
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Jeffersonville, PA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Learn about running a business from A to Z.
    - Company really tries to have a pro work-life balance scheme for employees.
    - Advancement opportunities are there for a hard-worker.
    - Work for a very large company but you get the small mom & pop shop feel in each individual branch.
    - Always something to do. Never bored sitting around & the branch you work at is a true reflection of you & your peers that you work with in your branch.

Cons

- Although they try to be pro work-life balance, it never works out that way.
    - Very low pay for what they put you through.
    - Don't buy nice clothes & wear them to work. They will get destroyed. It normally took a few days of cleaning cars & such to destroy brand new clothes.
    - Work more than you ever imagine to the point where you want to scream at times.
    - Say there is an opportunity for advancement at any time. What they fail to mention is its really based off whether or not upper management likes you. A lot of political BS involved with the company.

Advice to Management

Stop putting a strangle hold on peoples careers. Myself I was on the fast track to move up very quickly in the company, but some structuring shake ups in my area put an area manager as my boss who really didn't like me & put a complete halt on my career. Allow people to succeed if they have the tools to do so. Very frustrating but upper management has no problem flexing muscles when they want to.