Enterprise - Great first job out of college, opens up many doors | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Great first job out of college, opens up many doors"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with Enterprise as an intern in February 2012, went full time as a Management Trainee in that summer after my graduation, eventually got promoted to a major airport in May of 2013 and put in my two weeks in September 2013.

Enterprise is a great first job. It transforms you from a nervous recent graduate to a responsible adult. The job exposes you to client/vendor relationships, travel arrangements, marketing, managing accounts receivable, administrative efforts and sales. You work as a team with your co-workers who more than likely are recent graduates themselves. The products are easy to understand and selling them is not difficult. If you sell well you will get promoted quickly and make great money- if you cannot sell well (like me) the managers help you and train you to do better or will focus you more towards marketing efforts and back-end administrative work.

The general Enterprise employee is very approachable and easy to get along with- they hire mainly based on your ability to speak clearly and enthusiastically. The initial pay is not bad for a recent graduate (around $14 an hour in most regions) and the career path clear-cut. After a year you will usually receive at least one promotion as well.

Overall, great people, collaborative environment and exposure to many skills required in the business world.

Cons

Long hours, suit and tie (bit much), no facial-hair policy, no commission, etc.

These issues are not overwheming. Pay your dues as a recent grad and this company will either eventually truly reward you or give you the experience for your resume to land the job you want that requires those minimum of x years experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "ERac"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

sometimes have weekends off, nice atmosphere and you can meet some great people

Cons

Micromanagement, Ive been there for a year and I still feel like i have a part time job

Advice to Management

Remember where you came from

2. "Great Experience, learn A L O T"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The environment is great. Most people are young and have similar goals as yours
    - you learn how to deal with challenging customers
    - learn how to make decisions
    -many growth opportunities
    -even if you decide not to pursue your career at Enterprise, it does open ALOT of doors.

Cons

-a lot of hours
    -difficult to balance personal life

Advice to Management

None at the moment