Enterprise - Great experience to have, but not the greatest for long-term | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Great experience to have, but not the greatest for long-term"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Management Assistant in Rochester, NY

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People you work with are awesome....very helpful and fun to be at work with all day. Lots of chances to either get training/advice or to give it. Once you're there for longer than a year, benefits and vacation time really kick in. Quarterly meetings are held at fun places and paid for by the managers....nice to help improve moral.

Cons

Long long hours (I worked anywhere from 45-60 hours a week 5-7 days a week), customers and accounts can be very demanding and taxing on you mentally, upper management seems to have a specific type of person they like to promote so if you're not one of them then good luck trying to advance

Advice to Management

Be careful who you are promoting.....since I left the company, many people who were promoted over me have left also or haven't done very well at that position. Also, hire some more people....I know that you are picky with the people you bring on, but every office I've been to has been understaffed and that takes a huge toll on your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Long Hours - Minimum Pay"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Troy, MI

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunity to learn every aspect (from Sales to detaling cars) of the rental car industry. Great experience for an entry level auto insurance claim position with the larger insurance companies. Working at a dealership location has it perks including automatic car washes.

Cons

Very long hours including Saturday's depending on the location. Detaling cars in the winter months is not appealing. Sales is a major part of advancing - selling damage protection is expected not discussed during the interview process.

Advice to Management

Disclose the expectations and duties as part of the interview process. I doubt most people would think detailing cars is part of the manager trainee program.

2. "Intern"

Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Calumet Park, IL
    Former Intern - Management Trainee Intern in Calumet Park, IL

I worked at Enterprise as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great chance to experience the company as a whole. You are able to run your branch on your own and learn on the fly.

Cons

Maybe washing cars in a suit. Do not wear sunday shoes.

Advice to Management

Show people the opportunity for growth because this a great company with an awesome chance to grow with-in the company.