Enterprise - No where else to go | Glassdoor

"No where else to go"

Current Employee - Driver in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Driver in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, Just plug in your smart phone and go

Cons

It's just driving, people in texas cannot drive

Advice to Management

Throw in a pizza day on Fridays or something ... doughnuts would be nice too.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

"Great job for those who do not want a social life."

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They will hire you right out of college. Depending on your managers, the management trainee program can be very beneficial. They promote from with in. They are always hiring due to the high turn over rate.

Cons

Say Hello to 60+ hour work weeks and Good-bye to your social life. You will be surrounded by unhappy, rude people all day, whether it is the customer or your employee who is just as miserable as you are. Don't worry about wearing your nice suits, because they will be ruined in a week of work from washing cars. You will wash cars in the blazing heat, freezing cold, and pouring rain. Yes, I said the pouring rain.
    You are told that service is what matters most, but the main focus is sales. For the most part, every one who I knew that got promoted hit their numbers the unethical way. If you bring it up with upper management, they turn a blind eye. Upper Management does not greet you with a friendly "Hello, how are you this morning?" they greet you with "What do your sales look like today?". If you express your unhappiness with your progress or concerns with others you work with, upper management will either do nothing about it or transfer you to a different location/department without asking if you are okay with it.
    You are not paid nearly enough for the things you do for the company/ deal with on a daily basis. If you know how to run a branch, but can't seem to hit your numbers, the upper management will notice and send you to run a branch with out being paid like a branch manager. Be prepared to be stressed out all day. Upper management will come into your branch over promise on reservations to customers and under deliver when it comes to having cars for the reservations.
    Being extremely under staffed is very common, and you will be left high and dry as an MT or MA to run a branch. Don't bother calling any upper management when you get in a bind or stressed and have questions or need help, because they wont answer. Also, you are not guaranteed to take a lunch. We were so busy that as an MT I rarely got a full lunch and as an MA I made sure MT's went before I did.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees ideas and concerns, there is a high turn over rate for a reason. Praise your employees for the hard work they put in, since your paycheck depends on it. Just because you've been there does not mean you've been in our situation. Do not come into a branch, over promise and under deliver. Do not preach about being an ethical company if you just turn a blind eye when it comes to being notified about unethical employees.

2. "Amazing customers and coworkers, awful upper management!"

Former Employee - Management Assistant in Janesville, WI
    Former Employee - Management Assistant in Janesville, WI

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had the chance to meet a lot of amazing people through the outside accounts that we worked with. My immediate coworkers and branch managers have become some of my best friends! The training and experience looks great for future jobs.

Cons

Under paid - extremely! Upper management is so blind to the reality or at least they act that way, lunch breaks don't happen, a normal work week consists of about 55 hours and in that time you are just running around or trying to figure out how to do the impossible.

Advice to Management

Come back down to reality and listen to your branches!