Enterprise - A great culture with underpaid, over worked employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"A great culture with underpaid, over worked employees"

Current Employee - Management Trainee
Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is fantastic. Everyone who works with the company is wonderful and young. How often can you have a beer with the big boss (who is making roughly 14 million) at his house one day after work? Not many companies have a culture as well as Enterprise. If you want to be in Medical sales this is the absolute best place to start your career out of college. Medical sales companies love the Enterprise name.

Cons

First off, we are now a 7 days a week now... If I wanted to go into retail I would have. $11 an hour is extremely low for the amount of work we put it. A high majority of the Enterprise employees all agree we work too much while getting paid too little. I put in roughly 57 hrs a week with a hour commute to work. I have absolute no work/life balance. In winter when the wind chill is in negatives it is terrible having to be outside in a suit and peacoat washing and scrapping off cars all day. My biggest problem with Enterprise is promotional criteria. SELL SELL SELL. You could be the most rude, unintelligent employee and still get promoted if you are in top 10% selling. There are a lot of assistant managers who have no idea what they're doing but they were promoted strictly and solely on selling protection.

Long story short, if you cant sell you will never make money at this company.

Advice to Management

Figure out new promotional criteria. I know a lot of MT's who have the ability to manage a branch successfully but they do not get the opportunity since they cant not hit they're sales consecutively. Have to pay employees more and retention will raise.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "High stress - long hours"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Good job to gain experience

Cons

Pay plans are screwed and adjusted annually to keep your pay in check

Advice to Management

Have a 3-5 year plan and get out. Do not chase the carrot.

2. "BRANCH MANAGER"

Pros

the people and the relationships you build. Great experience, and training its good to have on resume.

Cons

If you don't fit the erac mold (i.e. the look, personality, view point) you are sold a unreachable dream.

Advice to Management

tell the truth to your employees and stop lieing