Enterprise - Great Company if you're single and don't want to have a work-life balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Great Company if you're single and don't want to have a work-life balance."

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm going to do the sensible thing. I'm going to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car because they have a great corporate structure...and they give you the tools to be your own boss.

Cons

Over worked. In order to get by you need to work at least 50 hours a week. They promise you at least 48 then when you start you can barely get 48.

They run a skeleton crew, down time is minimal.

Work 6 days a week.

Hours - In by 6:45 am open at 7:30 am / Close @ 6:00 pm but you won't be out of the
office until 6:15 pm.

They offer a lot of empty promises on what they'll pay you and on bonuses. The pay is less and the bonuses they offer you have to stay on top of or upper management will "say" they just forgot to put it on your check or they will come up with a stipulation they never told you on the front end so you don't get the full amount of the bonus. For being an ethical company, some of their practices on how they treat their own employees are in a word, shady. Has happened to MULTIPLE people at MULTIPLE branches.

Advice to Management

Spread the wealth. The people towards the bottom make upper management STUPID amounts of money, you need to pay those employee's more. Retention is very high. Employee's need to have more of a work-life balance. MT's make $12/hour MA's $13.40 hour. With the new bill's President Obama is trying to pass, burger flippers at McDonald's will be making $15/hour. If I would've known that I wouldn't have wasted 4 years getting a degree.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "I wouldn't do it again"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Only thing I liked mainly about working for this company was the time you spent with coworkers and the camaraderie that you build with everyone.

Cons

Too many to list. The pay isn't up to par with the time and effort that you put in. Upper management wants you to be magicians especially when running right and the resources aren't available. Very easy to get burnt out quick working in this indentured servitude type of arena.

Advice to Management

Don't forget where you came from and remember you were once working directly in the office.

"Not bad and not too much stress."

Current Employee - Driver in Old Bridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Driver in Old Bridge, NJ

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to work with others, low stress.

Cons

Pay could be better and only limited hrs

Advice to Management

Pay employees more and more hours.