Enterprise - Stay on your game! | Glassdoor

"Stay on your game!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive
Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great corporate environment. Great people in every facet and department. Great potential to grow as a leader and professional.
If you try your hardest every day, you will get promoted and your hard work will shine through. Don't be scared to change things up if something isn't working for you. Lastly, STAY POSITIVE. Positivity is infectious and it can get you promoted in combination with your hard work. You and your outlook are the only things holding you back.

Cons

Long hours can be very challenging and bringing your work home can be tough for your significant other. (Speaking if when I was in daily rental) If work life balance is an issue, bring it up to your area manager. If enough people feel the same and retention suffers, you'll get more staffing.

Your outlook can depend on the caliber of manager you have when you first start. If you see something you don't like, say something. It's sometimes the only way for upper management to know there's a batch seed in the bunch.

Advice to Management

I understand the reasoning, but know that cutting back on company outings and celebrations does not go unnoticed and creates a negative view on corporate and the folks ( level 4s) who are making the big money in the groups and Corp Headquarters.

The employees in rental need a little more incentive and interaction from group corporate employees. It will help with buy in.

Take a little longer to recognize successes and milestones before dismissing them for larger goals. Rejoice in the success of your employees with them! It will pay off huge dividends down the road

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

"Absolute Nightmare"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

A few. Learned how to actually sell products( Extra Insurance) to customers.
    Learned customer servicer skills and how to deal with hostile customers, which there were quite a few of.

Cons

Just stating the facts here. Seems like everyone has consumed the green cool aide and all is well. Here's what really goes on.

The hours are horrible. 7:30am to 6:30pm. The pay is low. I averaged $10.70 an hour.

You are renting, shuffling and washing cars. You will also be making phone calls to collect money form people. They don't tell you that in the job description either.

You will probably have to work a short shift every other Saturday.

The higher ups make all the money while the lower peons work very hard to bring in the money.
    If you work at certain branches, your life will be miserable. Non stop work, crummy pay and not a moment to think.
    Upper management is a joke. They are glorified baby sitters. I found many who talk down to you. Why? they can fire you or you'll quit and some idiot who doesn't know any better will take your place until they flame out and the process is repeated.

The extra insurance you HAVE to sell is a joke. It's useless. Almost all of it is pure profit for the company. You are ranked on it, so you have to sell it.
    Don't drink the green collide. I found Enterprise managers lie to you from the first interview on. It was a good stepping stone, but I left after an absolute burnout.

You have to put in years of work to start making any money. Not a long term solution. Not a good job to raise a family on.

I was also in management. The Skills test wasn't bad. The all day "Grill" to even be considered for management was a joke. It seemed like a Fraternity hazing more than anything. No one should be locked in a room with two managers for 2 hours berating you with different scenarios. Unbelievable. I almost quit on the spot because it was just so mind blowing. Yes, I did pass and go into management.

These are the facts man. I worked very hard at ERAC. I'm sure someone on this site will try to shun this post and say it isn't true, but I lived the nightmare that was ERAC.

Oh, and " Andy" the founder is just that. The founder. He's not a god or the pope. Stop using his name in tests and questioning from management. What a joke.

Advice to Management

Stop talking down to your employees. The peons make your salary. Remember that. Stop thinking it's your way or the highway. You don't always have the best ideas.

"Management Trainee"

Pros

-People are great, all around the same age
    -Job isn't hard
    -Great marketing practices.

Cons

-No matter how good your work ethic is, if you don't have sales, it's going to take a while to get promoted. They usually only promote those who get ranked top 5 on employee matrix.
    -Slight unfair advantages to some. Sales are going to be higher in areas like Oakland, CA versus an affluent area like Walnut Creek.
    -Low pay and long hours.
    -Washing cars in suits

Advice to Management

Follow the mission statement and take care of employees first. Happy employees equal higher profitability. Don't be so stingy with the T&E