Enterprise - Rewarding if you put the work in | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Rewarding if you put the work in"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Middlesex, NJ
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Middlesex, NJ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office environment, ability to move up quickly

Cons

Long hours, bad health insurance

Advice to Management

Keep a close eye on Managers and make sure they are at the branch and not leaving your hourly employees alone to do their work.

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Great stepping stone"

Current Employee - Data Control Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Data Control Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are decent even though I had better benefits for less cost at other jobs. The work-life balance is the best part of this job. ERAC definitely appreciates that everyone has a life outside of their job and gives you plenty of time off, if or when needed.

Cons

Easier to get hired than it is to get promoted. Compensation is okay, but the raises are few and far in-between and not really worth the effort. There's not much incentive. Dress code is still stuck in the business professional of the 80s and is slowly advancing. Not a very progressive company. Extremely reserved and enforces and the environment of a known hierarchy. If you're on the bottom you will be reminded frequently, if you're on the top you will remind everyone frequently. The company is very conservative and doesn't seem to appreciate change or anyone who has ideas for innovation. Only those whose job title gives them the right to talk about said innovation are allowed to pitch those ideas.

Advice to Management

Consider transparency, communication, and compromises. Let your employees know that you actually care for them and value their ideas.

2. "Great people, but glad I got out"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You work with some pretty cool people and you don't have to sit behind a desk all day. Also, it looks great on your resume (will discuss why in cons). Some people are Enterprise for LIFE and absolutely love it. They have their eyes set on "Six figures in SIX years." I lasted 6 months before I had to get out... I felt too guilty selling the products.

Cons

You have to sell "protection" to every customer. I hated it because I didn't see the value in the product I was offering to every customer and the way it is presented can be a little misleading to the customer because you have to meet sales goals or you will be stuck as a "Management Trainee" forever. It looks good on your resume because companies know you are a super hard worker with little pay- since Enterprise pays practically nothing. In addition, the work life balance is non existent. I got to work at 7 and left at 6:30 everyday. By the time you get home and eat you hardly have time left.

Advice to Management

If you would compensate your employees with the salary they deserve and not work them into the ground your turnover would decrease dramatically. Employees quickly lose vision for the company.