Enterprise - Great for your career after college! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise

"Great for your career after college!"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enterprise is all about its employees and its customers! Relationships among employees are a top priority within the company. Not only does this come across in their words, but it also translates well into their actions. Having come into this company with experience at other organizations, I was initially hesitant to believe that such a large corporation could prioritize their employees the way in which Enterprise does on a daily basis. For me, this is an incredible benefit of working with Enterprise. Not only this, but I have personally seen dozens of employees take great strides at building other employees up. This is surprising because it rarely seems to happen within other large corporations. For example, if you need help or if you have a question, you can receive assistance from others in the company without a problem. In addition, Enterprise has created a culture that is competitive but at the same time, there is great emphasis upon treating other employees and customers with the utmost respect. It shows. Recent college grads will also find a lot of hands on training with what it takes to run a business.

Cons

What amounts to "cons" is purely subjective—some people have a problem with working long hours, but on the other hand, most people who I have met there do not. Rather, they are glad to have not just a "job" but a career where promotions happen regularly. If you do not like long hours, then this would be a "con." Also, some may feel that it is difficult to have a work/life balance in this environment but it is certainly not impossible—it just takes effort if you have never worked long hours before in your life. Perhaps another way to look at the long hours and having a work/life balance is what is involved short-term versus long-term: do you want to grow in your career? Then it will take sacrifice, but the environment in which this happens at Enterprise makes that attainable. Similarly, some do not like striving after common goals, but in my experience, most see it as an incentive of working hard and knowing the expectations that have been set out for employees.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity to work at Enterprise! Keep hiring qualified and competent employees!

Enterprise Response

Feb 12, 2016 – Director: Employment Brand

Thanks so much for your feedback! We’re so glad that Enterprise has delivered on the promises we made to you when you first started with us. Keep up the great work!

Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise

1. "Customer Service Representative"

I have been working at Enterprise part-time

Pros

A lot of sales and customer service experience. Great for a job while in college.

Cons

Lots of turnover, people leave position to move up in the company or elsewhere. Creates understaffing issues.

Advice to Management

Base pay for service agents should go up, as the job requires more work than a regular minimum wage start.

2. "Managment trainee intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Enterprise as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- always active, running around doing something so you're never bored
    - get to drive some really cool cars
    - meet SO many great people
    -learned so much about what I want in my career and what I don't want in my career
    - you make a lot of money
    - my communication skills sky rocketed. I feel comfortable talking to anyone about anything

Cons

- some of the managers are very unprofessional
    - you will be put in crazy situations like go drive this monster truck two towns over oh and be back in ten minutes
    - picking up strangers in unfamiliar towns
    - some days I worked 7am-7pm