Entrance Software - growing company provided ample opportunity for my own career growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Entrance Software

"growing company provided ample opportunity for my own career growth"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Entrance Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working at a large management consultant company for several years, Entrance was a welcome change in pace for me. Entrance is a small, growing company. The are endless opportunities to grow your experience & knowledge. I would have had to work for YEARS at the larger company to get the experience that I gained at Entrance in just over a year.

Cons

At the time I started Entrance, there weren't too many female employees. By the time I left, we had more than doubled in our numbers. The last time I checked, there were even more female hires, including a few Senior Managers.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on process improvements, which I know was a top priority when I left the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Entrance Software

"Great Company, Great Benefits, Great People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Entrance Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked for Entrance early in my career and found it to be a very pleasant experience. The company grew rapidly while I was there so we saw many faces coming in and out. It seems like many folks used it as a place to launch their careers and left when opportunities at larger companies became available. Management encourages work life balance. Office environment is fairly laid back. Most people are very friendly and willing to help. Kitchen is always well stocked and available to all employees. Great medical and dental benefits. Also 401K matching + profit sharing is a major plus for a small company.

Cons

- The new office location is not as great as the Greenway Plaza area.

Advice to Management

- Management should develop a formal structure for advancing employees in their position and salary.

"Not bad. Intelligent coworkers and customer focused"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Entrance Software full-time

Pros

Flexible hours
    Some working from home allowed
    Coworkers are willing to help
    Overall positive environment

Employees play a short rounds of ping pong or other games. This does not reduce productivty but gives short mental breaks during the day. Work-life balance seems to be important, feedback is encouraged. The environment is nice (the office has snacks and beverages available for employees).

Cons

Benefits are not what they are in large companies
    Stress can be high at times