Envictus - Great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Envictus

"Great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people"

Pros

The company's focus is on teaching students "how to do school." Accordingly, this company provides a great opportunity to positively impact middle school and high school age students and their schools.

Cons

Given the state of the economy, funding for schools has taken a hit, providing growth challenges across the education management industry. In order to grow, companies like Envictus need to be creative in securing dollars from schools.

Advice to Management

Seek alternate funding sources in order to grow and improve to meet the needs of today's students. Since our product is delivered through technology, investment in making the experience for students as up-to-date as possible is important.

Other Employee Reviews for Envictus

1. "Inspiring work, slackers not tolerated"

I have been working at Envictus full-time

Pros

Love the fact that management is always enthusiastic. Great energy here--good tech and a CEO with a clear vision. CEO and CTO set a high bar for hours/effort. Kind of nice after working at places where management expects you to do all of the legwork while they head home at 6.

Product is awesome--constantly evolving, constantly incorporating new ideas. Never stagnant--which is probably my favorite thing about it, particularly after spending time working at a startup which was running out of steam only six months in.

Cons

Management understanding of personal needs, but work-life balance isn't necessarily a priority here. Getting the work done is the most important thing. Saw someone let go recently because they couldn't fathom working beyond 5 p.m.--probably shouldn't be in the startup world, if that's the case! Definitely not a company where the bare minimum cuts it.

"An absolute regime (avoid like the plague)"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Envictus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I noticed is that the place was so terrible to work for that it really made me appreciate washing dishes when I was 16. Oh, and, if management can run a business here - so can you.

Cons

I second every negative experience written on here. Management is absolutely horrible. It will start with a bait and end with a switch, and then your resume looks bad because you were either fired or you had to terminate employment too fast and it now looks bad on your resume. Go bag groceries if you really need employment as the culture is here is an absolute regime.

Advice to Management

Listen to personal development audios for a few months and read some books on servant leadership.