Environmental Resources Management - Pleasant Company to work with, and working environment. I've maintained my relationships. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Resources Management

"Pleasant Company to work with, and working environment. I've maintained my relationships."

Former Contractor - Consultant Level I
Former Contractor - Consultant Level I

I worked at Environmental Resources Management as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and encouraging atmosphere. Pleasant-natured work and work place. Efficient and centralized work systems. Provide adequate resources. Acknowledged career development

Cons

some corporate bureaucracy and passing the buck. Although the atmosphere and general quality of professional engagement varies from office to office and from person to person.

Advice to Management

Engage directly wherever possible, passing the buck often results with a lower value outcome.

Other Employee Reviews for Environmental Resources Management

"Great technically, but too focussed on excessive profit"

Former Employee - Environmental Consultant in Auckland (New Zealand)
    Former Employee - Environmental Consultant in Auckland (New Zealand)

I worked at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good projects, global networking, opportunity for transfer, cool people.

Cons

Focus on excessively high profit and growth targets result in overworked and frustrated employees. You're either in love with the company and willing to do anything for the partnership's aspirations, or better off elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Lower targets and invest in the quality of your employees lives.

"Some interesting project work... Below average pay, no/little career development support for more junior consultants..."

Current Employee - Risk Consultant II in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Risk Consultant II in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Environmental Resources Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes bring in interesting projects
    Employees range from (a few) talented individuals to incompetent
    Varied experiences, alot of inconsistency across regions, offices...etc.- for me some positives some of my colleagues had much worse experiences others were better off
    Some good people.. for consultants with less than 10 years it is a good place to get foot in the door and be thrown in the deep end to learn on your own but not a place to stay or progress

Cons

Salary is way below industry/competitors
    Poor leadership, alot of mismanagement
    Alot of politics especially partner level (this affects every one further down the chain)
    Attempt to show that there is a flat structure when in fact it is overly bureaucratic
    Alot of inconsistencies re-promotions, salaries, allocation of project work...The company does not have consistent processes and systems across offices. Attempts to correct this seem to make things worse rather than better!
    Generally overrated and does not live up to its 'aims/ambitions' (e.g. The world’s leading sustainability consultancy or more specific to me: top global risk consultancy...etc.)
    Management claim the increased rates are because ERM is as good as the market's best (e.g. for tech safety/risk: DNV) or better than it's competitors, which is fundamentally untrue...

Advice to Management

Management need to realise what the market are paying in terms of salaries and close the gap (or at least try!)
    Need to get some consistency across offices/regions (at least start with getting conistency across Business Units in the same country!)
    Improve management of projects and project work allocation
    Be more honest and transparent with Junior and mid-level consultants