Environmental Working Group - Great organization to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Environmental Working Group

"Great organization to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

EWG covers important issues that make a difference in people's lives. My input is heard and taken into consideration. We change directions a lot, but that is one of our greatest strengths.

Cons

That same strength can be frustrating when you have put time into a project and then we are told we are moving to another that is more important.

Other Employee Reviews for Environmental Working Group

1. "Fast paced but fulfilling work"

I have been working at Environmental Working Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Never a boring moment at EWG. We work on important topics that help the public every day.

Cons

Would be nice to focus more\deeper

Advice to Management

Need better project management

2. "Best Job of My Career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Environmental Working Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good things to say about Environmental Working group. I worked there for 5 years, and this company is ready to go on the dime, whether it's innovation, research, or cutting-edge press releases. EWG is not afraid to try something new, and tossing all there energies and staff resources to get everyone moving towards an ultimate goal for the greater good.

It's amazing how the teams work so well even through disagreements, compromises are made, and when I was there, successful outcomes always came. I think there is somehting powerful about the way they reward employees as well. If you did somehting great, you were called out by name, and what you did. It's very empowering when you can see your other colleagues get rewarded, or praised, and then also to receive the same treatment for quality work as well.

Lots of transparency, and people there are fairly truthful and sincere. Makes it easy to make friends and support each other. You can tell that people really care, you will for sure make friends at EWG, I loved the international and cultural diversity of EWG.

EWG will for sure keep you busy! They move fast. I mean fast. The nice thing is they are flexible, and never felt micro-managed. My team transitioned through two supervisors, and both were great, and the process was seamless.

Cons

Disagreements will happen, lots of smart people, mean lots of ideas. Fortunately working through disagreements is a quick process there, since EWG is very fast paced, so a compromise will be made to keep the ball rolling. Have your facts together for something you want to innovate, to prove the ROI. Sometimes that can be hard since it is a non-profit, and funds are allocated judiciously.

Work load is pretty heavy.

Takes a while to move up, but you eventually will.

Advice to Management

What you have done all these years, continue to keep it up.