Enviva - Over ambitious goals but no systems or staff in place to get there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Enviva

"Over ambitious goals but no systems or staff in place to get there"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Enviva as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Some really good people with enthusiasm and drive.

Cons

Mostly contract personnel on the project team. Not consistent with the company message of "team"
Subordinate admin personnel have undue influence over senior management who should know better
Management constantly changes the goalposts... there is no way to meet previously agreed goals
Treatment of contract employees is deplorable - 2nd. class citizen at best

Advice to Management

Get your act together. Many good people have left / will go if you let the level of incompetence of your senior staff go unchecked

Other Employee Reviews for Enviva

"Company does care or value employees"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Enviva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A few employees try to help you learn your job.

Cons

Senior management only cares about themselves and not their support employees.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated. Another employee let go 2 weeks later and he got 2 weeks severance and I didn't.

"Room for Improvement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Enviva full-time

Pros

I want to point out that this review has everything to do with my own personal experience. While I think this company has a lot to work on (it's still relatively young), there are definitely some positives to working there as well.

I had the opportunity to work with some amazing leaders and co-workers. There are some brilliant minds at Enviva, and I was lucky to have learned so much in the amount of time I worked there.

Like mostly everyone else said, they have a great snack selection in the office. There are plenty of good restaurants / takeout options that are close by. The metro stop is just a couple minute walk up the street.

Cons

Communication between departments / teams is sometimes lacking.

There isn't much assistance when it comes to on-boarding and training, but I know that is one thing they are focusing on going forward.

High turnover that causes people to be overworked, and there isn't much work-life balance (in some departments). For me personally, there were some weeks where I felt like I couldn't catch up, but others were more manageable. It's a younger company, and longer hours come with the territory. My managers knew when I was stressed and had a lot on my plate, but they recognized my hard work, which could be lacking in other departments.

Advice to Management

Take the time to learn about the people who work for you, and recognize their hard work when you see it. I get that everyone is busy, but it doesn't take more than a few seconds to show your appreciation.

Learn that not everything has to be so serious.

DC is a very transient city and getting to know people can be tough if you're new. Have more cross-departmental outings / celebrations outside of work so people can get to know each other and their new surroundings.