Envoy Mortgage - I liked it better when Envoy was smaller but growing has benefits too. Good people to work with! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Envoy Mortgage

"I liked it better when Envoy was smaller but growing has benefits too. Good people to work with!"

Current Employee - In the Field
Current Employee - In the Field

Pros

I mostly find that HQ listens to the filed and works to implement changes needed. Underwriting is easy to communicate with and fast funding/closing depts. People are nice and easy to work with. Loans are not hard to get through, so long as you know what you're doing. Some of the other posts here say loans are hard to get done, I assume those loans would be hard anywhere. My loans go through fine. Technology is great.

Cons

Lack of support from RVP. Pricing can be high at times, especially on the 15 year fixed. Growing larger has brought on changes that seem machine like and taken SOME of the good feel out of working here. Lack of communication to the branches with acknowldgements brings on a disconnect between the field and HQ. Needs more outreach with marketing and training on lead generation.

Advice to Management

Upper Management seems out of touch with the people in the trenches. RVP's are practically useless, with almost no recruitment help or day to day asistance. What do they do? If you expect more from Branch Managers then you should train them how to do more, not just ask what they are going to do and/or charge them money for training. Manager's have to train their employees's who trains managers?

Apr 12, 2016 – Marketing & Communication Manager

Thank you for your honest and transparent feedback. We definitely have put in many changes within the past year that would make "doing business" a lot easier for producers. We pride ourselves on ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Envoy Mortgage

1. "Great company before they got big..."

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

Underwriting pros..always there and communicative.

Cons

Getting very greedy....I will leave it at that.

Advice to Management

Remember the branches that got you to the point that you are at. Because the market is at a downturn does not mean to hold the hard earned pay of your managers because of your pricing over sight

Apr 12, 2016 – Marketing & Communication Manager

Hi there, we're proud to have over 150+ branches with Envoy and some of these branches have been with us since day 1! We value our branches and originators incredibly for all they do. Thanks for ... More

"To top heavy questionable ethics at branch level."

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker

Pros

Good back end, decent ongoing training. Average pricing new comp plan not so good.

Cons

Forced to participate in senior management pet projects. To many charge backs to originators, tough environment to get loans done. Time line in closing loans drags on to long. Could well be it is a branch issue.
    Would strongly recommend looking elsewhere if your looking for a steady income stream.

Advice to Management

Follow up with the commitments you make on the front end when recruiting.

Apr 12, 2016 – Marketing & Communication Manager

Hi there, thanks for your honest feedback! We'll definitely take your advice and feedback into consideration. Also, thank you for your efforts while at Envoy during your tenure.