Epic Games - Very smart people working very hard | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Epic Games

"Very smart people working very hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I have been working at Epic Games full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't been here too long but I've loved it so far. I'm continually impressed by my fellow employees and the teamwork that exists here. The culture is one of hard work and going above and beyond in all aspects, which works well when everyone is ascribing to that ethos. Management is very involved and very knowledgeable with a very clear vision.

Cons

I haven't had many cons yet. Very long hours, even outside of crunch. While it's not mandated you work more than 40 hours, the minimum I see people working is 50 to 60. So there's social pressure to stay longer. But then the workplace is very fun so it doesn't feel like a 50 hour week either..

Other Employee Reviews for Epic Games

1. "A constantly challenging and rewarding environment that fosters professional growth & autonomy"

Current Employee - Artist in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Artist in Cary, NC

I have been working at Epic Games full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hiring standards ensure that all of your co-workers are at the top of the industry. Environment is always challenging. Very generous benefits. Management is relatively flat, giving great opportunity for driven people to excel and learn many new skills. Upper management is incredibly transparent.

Cons

Sometimes its stressful to make games. You might have to do the work of two or three people.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees concerns.

2. "Best company I've worked for"

I have been working at Epic Games full-time

Pros

The offices are great, both in Seattle and in Cary. The perks are awesome. You get to work with some really brilliant people on interesting things.

Cons

Communication could be better, especially between offices. Supposedly crunch is an issue for some teams, though it has not been for me.