Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

How this place isn't higher rated I don't understand.

Jul 22, 2021 - Engineering Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked at a FAANG company and some esteemed startups, Epic Games stands above these companies in a few ways that I didn't expect. Epic is truly a dark horse when it comes to one of the best companies to work for. The only thing I can think of is that their secretive culture prevents them from appearing mainstream for being one of the best places to work. - The benefits are better than Microsoft, Nvidia, etc and literally can't be designed any better. They basically remove any employee requirement on both the subsidy and billing side and it feels something like universal health care for the entire family. - 401k matching is more aggressive than any place I've seen and getting 100% matching is achievable. - While most good companies offer cash bonus and equity, Epic offers an even more complete comp package than that by using comp features not seen at conventional tech companies. - The work itself is really cool. Epic does a lot of cool stuff and is open to ideas and gives you the space to execute as you see fit.

Cons

I think the secretive culture of Epic either deters and/or hides this company from tapping into the 'mainstream' talent pool. I do see this changing with more employees coming from big company names (which is good to bring that level of experience).

6 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Company to Work for!

Sep 13, 2021 - People Team
    Business Outlook

Pros

Epic is one of the few companies that truly cares about their employees and it resinates throughout the company. While we do have outstanding benefits and compensation, we foster a culture that is creative, exciting and diverse. The people is also what makes this place amazing to work at. When you step into a room, you can see and feel the passion behind each individual. We are all excited about Epic's goals as a company and the products we create for developers and players to enjoy.

Cons

This isn't really a negative but more of a truth about how we operate. We are a fast paced environment that can change direction at any time. This is a company for people that can adapt quickly and provide solutions.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I've worked

Sep 10, 2021 - Design in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

While nothing is perfect, Epic (specifically working on Fortnite) has been the best experience I've had in my 20 years in the industry My coworkers are world class, my leads and production are intelligent, competent and able to schedule and communicate great ideas effectively, the tech is obviously great and the compensation is amazing. Yes, GAAS is a lot of work and can be stressful but I have an infinitely better work life balance here than I did working on horribly managed traditional games in the past

Cons

I wish they would embrace full time WFH, the push to return to the still unbuilt Mega HQ building is very dated thinking and the only real negative.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Epic Games.