Epic - A unique place to work! | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"A unique place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Madison, WI
Current Employee - Project Manager in Madison, WI

I have been working at Epic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a really challenging environment; you can be pushed to your limits and you learn a lot. The people you work with are brilliant and driven, and you meet some of your best friends working here.
The benefits are very good - health insurance is obviously a huge win here. The pay is very competitive, and they offer many other (and great) benefit options.
The culture is really unique and collaborative. Everyone just wants to do what's best for the customers and people pull together like I've never seen to make things happen. It's cool.
If you like doing something new all the time, this is a great place to work!
Obviously, the campus, the creative architecture and art make it a very interesting place to work. It's fun - it's not something you get at very many companies.

Cons

It's a really challenging environment! If you aren't prepared to push yourself, you'll get burned out.
They've started removing monetary bonus incentives for things like employee referrals and extra certifications.
In personal experience, they aren't always as flexible in finding the best fit for you. It may be easier to just replace your current position if they don't have a need for what you'd like.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Pretty good, I'm not sure I like the horizontal structure"

Current Employee - Project Manager/Implementation Consultant in Verona, WI
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Implementation Consultant in Verona, WI

I have been working at Epic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great campus, good fringe benefits. I'd be choosier about the specific application you're going to apply for because some travel more than others.

Cons

It sometimes feels like undergrad all over again with so many people of the same background and MBTI type.

Advice to Management

Recognize good work better.

2. "Overall, a good experience"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Epic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly, smart, and supportive, and there is quite a bit of 'freedom'.

Cons

Work, if you are not careful, can take up quite a bit of time. Also, as a developer the main language is M/Cache, which isn't great for transferring out

Discover more reviews about Epic.