Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) - Very Unsatisfied | Glassdoor

"Very Unsatisfied"

Pros

Good Pay. Great Food at the Cafeteria.

Cons

Old Technologies. No Work/Life Balance.

Other Employee Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

"EDI is one of the worst Departments at Epic"

Current Employee - Interface Analyst
    Current Employee - Interface Analyst

Pros

- Decent salary and benefits
    - My Team Lead is a real nice guy
    - Free food while traveling

Cons

- EDI lives in a depressing and ugly basement with no windows while the rest of the company enjoys beautiful offices
    - Zero career growth in EDI, whatever you learn is absolutely useless outside Epic
    - Extremely Stressful work, especially dealing with customers. As you learn more you'll get more work. 50+ hours seems to be the norm.
    - Work is boring and uninspiring
    - Development is in Cache which no one outside Epic ever heard of

I've been here only a few months and I'm getting out the first chance I get.

Advice to Management

To Judy, enough with the brainwashing during the monthly staff meetings. It might work better with a bunch of kindergarteners and won't stop the exodus of people from Epic.

Perhaps if they dramatically increase salaries less people will leave. Can't think of anything else.

"Some Good Experiences, but Ultimately Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Interface Analyst
    Former Employee - Interface Analyst

Pros

- Many of the people you will end up working with are amazing. Everyone is very smart and many are willing to help you as much as they can, provided they have enough time and space in their own responsibilities.
    - The campus is beautiful. If you do get a chance to walk around, there are always new and interesting things to see.
    - Coming straight out of college, it's a good job. You learn so many things and you're constantly challenged. You're compensated pretty well.
    - Benefits are excellent. I never paid a single medical bill. Prescriptions were ridiculously cheap.

Cons

- There is no work-life balance practiced or promoted. You will work hard if you choose to work at Epic. I was averaging 12 hour days for months and still wasn't getting through everything that needed to be done. They have a lot of work that needs to get done, so many people quit from the stress, leaving an even bigger burden for those that are left behind. They're hiring as fast as they can, but new hires can't compensate for people that have years of experience. Not to mention very few of those new hires will make it multiple years. You will have more work than you can handle. That's something you need to accept from the beginning.
    - I don't think I ever understood the system around rankings/promotions/raises. It always seemed so arbitrary. I saw people promoted to managers after working for barely a year, and people who had worked for years and years with no promotion at all.
    - You really don't get much feedback, and it's inconsistent at best. A lot of it will be the luck you have when you're given your direct superior, known as a Team Lead or a TL. They may be nice to you. They may not. If you're TL changes, your standing could change in an instant.

Advice to Management

Find a way to retain people. I wish I could say how. It seems like your stuck in a downward spiral - the more people that quit, the more that want to quit - but that's your greatest failing right now. If you hold onto enough experienced people, you would take a lot of the burden off of others and reduce stress levels overall.