Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) - Great experience - no regrets! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

"Great experience - no regrets!"

I worked at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with some of the brightest young minds is the ultimate "pro". At the end of the day, your obligations are to your install and not necessarily Epic which can be good and bad. If your goal is to be in healthcare, working for an EHR company is one of the fastest ways to gain valuable experience and insight into current industry standards and the "healthcare of tomorrow".

Cons

Epic does have a cult-like feel that you get with most large corporations. If you do not like travel, do not even think about being an implementer. I would say the largest downfall at Epic is their unwillingness to decentralize from the Midwest.

Other Employee Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

"Great job"

I have been working at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with, love the relaxed atmosphere. I feel have flexibility to balance my life, but am making a lasting difference.

Cons

Not in Madison, depending on where you live, could be a longer commute with traffic.

Advice to Management

Give feedback to help grow, pay attention to what is going on in employees personal life, it effects their work life.

"Good for new grads"

I worked at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) full-time

Pros

The company seems to really want to do well and help people with its product.

Cons

They hire many new grads so a lot of people leave after a couple years, but that doesn't sound very uncommon. It was difficult at times to get help from my team lead - I think it was more a difference of our styles.