Epitec - HOT Industry---Forward Thinking Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Epitec

"HOT Industry---Forward Thinking Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Sales in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is constantly looking at areas to improve its position at its customers and to improve its employee experience. They are making strides in new client development locally and nationally and will need more internal staff to support these efforts. I'm all in for a better future. They also have some really great tools, training and incentives programs for their sales and recruiting team members. Just got a black friday shopping spree --- whoa!!!!!

Cons

No bodies perfect, but you should expect some turnover. They hire often and not everyone's cut out for sales and the performance expectations of the their big clients.

Advice to Management

Be very clear on expectations for new hires, some people just don't get it!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Epitec

"I love my Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Epitec full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get to work with Awesome People, I get rewarded for my work, I get to work with state of the art equipment (dual monitors, wide screens, awesome phone system) I get challenged on a daily basis and I am busy and I love it.

Cons

Sometimes there is not enough hours in the day to accomplish all that I want>

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing we have a good thing going on here. Keep investing in the training and development of our staff.

"OK place to gain experience--then leave"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Genius Finder in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for Epitec for about a year as a "Genius Finder," aka, Recruiter. They give their employees fun titles for un-fun jobs. Epitec will hire a few new "Genius Finders" every couple of months, put them through an intensive 2-week training, then fire one of them immediately. Of the cycles of new employees I saw come and go, this was the rule, not the exception. The turnover rate was outrageous. Employees were let go without warning and no plausible explanation, even the ones who felt they were working hard and were safe. I was a good employee, but always felt like I had to watch my back.

At Epitec, you can expect to spend 100% of your time working and 80% of that time on the phone. The managers track the phone calls and internet activity of their employees (very Big Brother), so one false step will leave you jobless. Any water-cooler or office chitchat was highly unacceptable.

The business practices for recruiting at Epitec were sometimes unethical. I was encouraged to deceive my candidates at times by majorly exaggerating the benefits of certain positions, and lowballing them on compensation. The higher-ups at the company continue to line their pockets while some of the contractors haven't received raises in years.

The starting salary for an entry-level recruiter was $30,000 + commission and bonuses. It took me about six months to begin making commission, but if you can manage to stay there for awhile, the commissions do add up. They also offer nice quarterly incentives, if you make or beat your goals.

The company tries to maintain a fun, young image with periodic company outings. At the time, I enjoyed these, but with some time and perspective, I can see that it's irresponsible to get a bunch of 20-somethings drunk on a party bus and expect them all to get home safely.

I left the company when I found a job that was a better fit and have never looked back. If you are straight out of college and looking for something entry level to gain experience, then Epitec might be a good place to start at, but don't stay there. To Epitec, their employees are highly expendable. They don't care about you as a person at all, they care about making money. Don't drink the kool-aid.

Cons

-Poor work/life balance
    -Unethical practices
    -High Turnover

Advice to Management

Build employee loyalty by offering loyalty to your employees.